• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

simmons flexi ski on attak?

has anybody tried out this flexi ski. how is it on trail, and how it is working in the deepsnow, sidehilling and flotating. they have 2 diffrent sorts the small and the big one. what should i go for

First, it would be great if could enter your location in your user profile. ;)!

The Simmons ski floats much better than stock skis in the powder. The skis will stay on top of the snow where the stock skis will go through. On hard packed trails, the Simmons will require slightly more steering effort that stock.

You will feel like you are on rails with these skis, a little more steering pressure but not bad at all, they don't follow everyone elses groove which is nice.

ski

i have tried most every ski, i like simmons for the way i ride in the u.p. of
mich, they take a lot of the shock out of the front end, they are very stable,
also val at simmons is great with working with you, he sent me a ski to try
with the saddle moved forward it was much better for me, he said send me
your old skies and we will call it even.

simmons with shapers are great... more steering effort unless set up properly...then have a very flat predictable understeer....wide kit feel..make the machine more stable...p.m. me if you want more info

mclarenyamaha said:
has anybody tried out this flexi ski. how is it on trail, and how it is working in the deepsnow, sidehilling and flotating. they have 2 diffrent sorts the small and the big one. what should i go for

On trail - they pushed too much for my liking. In the deep, they float well. They also enhance the front suspension to a point. But carbides for them are a little on the pricey/special order side, and I seem to go through them an awful lot. My next ski would be the Sly-dogs (one set of carbides) and you can get them new, for the price of a used set of Simmons.

Shaper bars for the simmons are widely available and priced pretty fairly....they also reduce pushing quite a bit..

Couldn't believe the difference after putting the Simmons on. Handles like it's on rails. If you don't like the "heavy steering" just back off the preload on the front coils.

Back