• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons skis Carbide Change

ApexSS

Extreme
I run Simmons skis and need to change. Have 4" on now, should I go with 6'? What are you guys running? BTW, I have 96 studs on a ripsaw.

I've been reading that people put longer ones on the inside/outside, anyone doing this or have a set up with simmons that really helps? I cant turn for #*$&@ on ice.

from what i have read using stock 4" on the outside of the ski and using a 6" carbide on the inside. i have just the stock 4" and brand new ones ready to go on so i'll hold off on buying the 6". turns good on snow but doesnt turn very good on the hard survace(ice, pavement).

Yeah I read about the triple points but that would be a tough sell with the wife. If I went that route, what would you guys recommend? 4 inch triples on the outside and 6 inch stock on the inside?
Thanks for all the input.

Depends on the number of studs you have, if any. Without studs, 4 inches inside is fine, with studs, 6 inches inside is minimum. On the outside put your stock carbides, they'll last forever on the outside.

Got a couple of simmons on my sleds, sleds sre studded, 96 - 144. 6 x 6 on 144 studs and 4x4 on 96. Just bought new pair for my Attak and I'm going to try 6 on inside 4 on outside (4 x 4 pushes a little, 6 x 6 harder to steer when going slow) as this might be the best combo.

Yeah, I got 96 studs and I was thinking 6 on the inside and 4 out. Sounds good. Terminator, you doing triples or just normal carbides?

ApexSS said:
I run Simmons skis and need to change. Have 4" on now, should I go with 6'? What are you guys running? BTW, I have 96 st
uds on a ripsaw.
I just installed new 6" carbides on my simmons skis both inside and outside. It really bites well now on ice. Yes heavy steering when going slow,but thats the nature of the simmons ski. Super ski for the deep snow though!

SIMMON'S SKIS,STUDBOY 4 INCH SHAPER BARS OUTSIDE,6 INCH BARS INSIDE 168 STUDS [KUDO'S TO CONNECTICUT POWER & SPRORTS] HY GEAR SHOCK SETUP.. RIDES LIKE ON RAILS EVEN ON ICE AKA ICEMAN LOL

Back