• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Simmons skis Carbide Change

I run shapers ....6x6.......I run close to max transfer..loose strap... when it gets loose I back off the tunnel adjust....and darting is gone...on hard pack I dial in more...carves well..

I'm kind of like SJ. I run 6" Berg triples on the inside and 4" shapers on the outside with a lot of transfer and the strap loose. I then turn the dial on the dial to make changes when the snow conditions change. Works very well for me!

Also as a side bar. stud boy shaper bars are not a perfect fit for simmons skis. so once again acting on advice from big people at stud boy, i sent the skis out to a machine shop and had the grove opened up just a tad to sink the bar into the ski to avoid any issues if you tap a rock or ice pack sideways. that way the risk on breaking the shaper bar is greatly reduced and the fit is mint.also be sure to get a shaper bar with 2 inch studs on it so that the lock nut is fully seated.

Back