• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Single-ply or two-ply RS Venture Replacement Track

StormBringers

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Yamaha RS Venture
I researching a track replacement on my 2012 Yamaha RS Venture (RST90). It's the original OEM 15 x 144 x 1.25 Camoplast Rip Saw Two-Ply track. I was thinking about a Camso with the embedded studs in the lugs. However, what I see is only a single-ply track. Am I okay with the single-ply or does this sled warrant a two-ply? I am also reaching the need for a tunnel protector....

I think it's recommended to use a 2ply track if studding...check Composit tracks also.

I would think you would be fine with a single ply and previously OEM installed /embedded studs in lugs. I had one on an APEX and it was fine, not equal to real studs for hook up but no free spin on ice either.

if you are a trail cruiser, the one ply should be fine. if you get agressive on the flipper, 2 ply is better.

should not need more than stock tunnel protectors that are in place other than maybe having to add a bit thicker at the rear to keep them from contacting the exh and the rear cooler on big g outs.

could always go with a composit with i grips in it.

Back