• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ski lift

Glenn

Extreme
I need some pointers on how to set up my suspension on my 06 RS Venture. When we ride double every time we turn the ouside ski lefts up in the air making the sled tippy.Where do I start :flag:

I run my setup one hole tighter on the limiter straps. This will give you a plus for the 2 up. You will have to reconsiderer for the solo ride.. this might affect negatively & have to easy up 2 nocth on the front pre-load. I have upgraded the swaybar to 13 mm myself to help in this area; worked for me.

Did crank up the rear springs and set up the two up adjusting block for two riders position.
The skies will lift up (quite high) at any speed slow to fast giving us the tipping feeling and I think the sled would making it very difficult to turn
So if I shorten the limiter staps this will give me more control ( weight ) on the skies
:flag:

Turning

You should throw out the cardbides, they are junk. Then you will be able to turn. I bought the bergstrom Tripple point, alot better

Most of the Rs line has this same problem. You can allievate some but not all of it without affecting steering by putting more weight to the front and if need be by adjusting you limiter strap. (Soften up front suspension, jack up rear suspension and if need be adjust limiter) Do it slowly or until you get to an acceptable level. Too much weight on the front will make it hard to steer.

I agree with the above but the largest gain for my RS Venture was the control rod adjustment. I set the transfer to min. I went all the way till the threads were red as per the owners manuel. Seem to help eliminate the ski lift.

Eat a couple of double whoppers and lean major in the corners, weight seems to have no affect on these torque monsters as far as performance goes. :jump:

I too had the same issue....its true...the stock bars and skis aren't the greatest. But what i have found now 600 miles into riding this sled, is getting used to the balance between throttle and engine braking. Try to run this sled thru the corners like a 2 stroker and you are going to have some issues(I.E....a bit tippy and some push) What I have found is that if i enter the turn letting off just a little, i get a good balance. If i have a bit too much throttle, mine too wants to lift that inside ski. But when i let off a little more...the engine braking kicks in and plants that ski back down. then BAM....power into it again and it plants and turns fine. But with that said....we have to remember....THIS IS A RIDER ACTIVE VEHICLE.....Can't just sit way back and hope for it to turn....gotta lean a little.

Other avenues to take are weight transfer for sure. I cranked up 2 holes on my limiters and it made a world of difference as well. Trying different bars works too.

Moving up from the sled i had before its a whole new learning curve....I like the challenge. Its made me a better rider.

Thanks for your inputs.I will shorten up the limiter stap by one hole.By changing the spring preload on the ski shock lighter or heavier make any difference on ski contact to trail?

Glenn said:
Thanks for your inputs.I will shorten up the limiter stap by one hole.By changing the spring preload on the ski shock lighter or heavier make any difference on ski contact to trail?

Tighten the shock and you get:

increased ski pressure (harder to turn?)
less leaning in the corners

If you want to go this far, get the front shocks revalved 50% softer. IT allows the front to "sit in" lower, thu slowering the CG and it's less tippy. Add more spring pressure and you should see an improvement.

THis combo was a HUGE improvement on my Vector. Straps still at stock. I think I'd go with heavier springs or a bigger sway bar b4 I'd tighten the strpas..but that's just me.

Back