• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skidoo 1200

tedgoesfast

Expert
OK guys want honest awnsers how many have been beat buy a cudney 1200 header muffler mod proper reflash pb80 and clutch kit.I know mike Knapp's is beating apexs but he been doing it for years and is good at it but the average guy who owns a good 1200 .I've been told they will hammer a apex I haven't got hammered by one yet my best friend has one well set up and iam ahead any input would be good

OK guys want honest awnsers how many have been beat buy a cudney 1200 header muffler mod proper reflash pb80 and clutch kit.I know mike Knapp's is beating apexs but he been doing it for years and is good at it but the average guy who owns a good 1200 .I've been told they will hammer a apex I haven't got hammered by one yet my best friend has one well set up and iam ahead any input would be good

I ran for years vs a proper set up one. [2014 Renegade X] It was Ported, polished, oversize throttle bodies, mod muffler, PB 80. Not sure about reflash.

Never beat my bone stock 2013 Apex. At the end it took me about 300' to get by. He was set up to race and had better transfer & longer & substantially more studs than me.
I have the Fix Ram Air kit, PC V, Short Stacks etc for The Apex but never had to put them on. :yam: :jump:

Who says " there is no replacement for displacement."

my buddy has a 1200 with everything u are saying. they make huge gains with the clutching. I couldn't believe it. my 07 was dialed with airbox, clutching, headers, 23 gear 128 track and I would barely beat it. if your apex isn't on its A game running against a highly modded 1200 u will loose. I put a 50 nos kit on it just to put him in his place. cheap fun really

I have a apex and would have no problem owning a doo 1200..... they are a good sled! Ran a few stock 1200 doos with my clutched only apex and was even out of the hole with the doo and would then walk away from the doo at 60 and continue to pull away. It takes more mods on the apex to go faster than a moded 1200 doo... they are fast with just a few reliable mods!

if a STOCK 1200 is walking your apex I would take that clutching out n leave er stock. lol. agreed there a good machine and very quick with mods but stock they aren't. from my experience. just trying to help. no offense lol

if a STOCK 1200 is walking your apex I would take that clutching out n leave er stock. lol. agreed there a good machine and very quick with mods but stock they aren't. from my experience. just trying to help. no offense lol

Don't think you read his post correctly. :dunno:

Takes a lot of money to make a 1200 Doo come close to a Stock 2011 or newer Apex.
My riding buddy spent several thousand on his 1200 Doo trying to beat my 2013 bone stock Apex and never did it.
I have a Ram Air, PC V and Clutching sitting on the shelf but never had to put them on as he never beat me. :yam:

:hide:

my reply was to rich Kay. sorry for the confusion. yes I 100% agree with what u are saying rice burner. rich Kay was saying (I think) that a stock 1200 was running with his clutched apex. I was saying put the clutching back to stock cause a stock 1200 should not be beating a stock apex. not from what I have experienced anyway.

my reply was to rich Kay. sorry for the confusion. yes I 100% agree with what u are saying rice burner. rich Kay was saying (I think) that a stock 1200 was running with his clutched apex. I was saying put the clutching back to stock cause a stock 1200 should not be beating a stock apex. not from what I have experienced anyway.
Don't remember saying the doo (stock) ever beat me...... ?It ran with me to say 60 and MY apex would walk away hard .... Love it, this is how rumors get started LOL

Back