• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting beat

tedgoesfast

Expert
I know everyone hates geating beat when racing your friends.But lets look at the positve of what happens.Ive had my rx1 for 7 years i sled with stock apexs 800 cats etc all in stock form i could beat them all then my best friend bought a skidoo 1200 and put all the goodies on it like header ecm reflash and cluthes and i kit guess what he beat me.So it made me rethink my cluthing and gearing from my orginal set up.So i geared back up closed spread up in front spring widdened back spring moved some weight around my sled now is going way stronger now and better top end numbers .Our last race i could get ahead and hold him to 105 mph then he would get me by a sled length.So ive changed again iam sure it will be close now might even beat him.So take getting beat as fun and dont get crankey sledding and racing is so much fun when with good people.Ps when i beat him then we will work on what works better on his sled.Then it will start over again now thats fun.

Just going through some old posts and read this. Have you been able to beat the 1200 yet. I was getting closer to the 1200 thats been waxing me all year but still behind a couple lengths up to 100. After that he checks out.

My 15' ltx DX with intake, can, and clutch kit is dead even with my friends 1200 with header and can.

Last edited:
I know everyone hates geating beat when racing your friends.But lets look at the positve of what happens.Ive had my rx1 for 7 years i sled with stock apexs 800 cats etc all in stock form i could beat them all then my best friend bought a skidoo 1200 and put all the goodies on it like header ecm reflash and cluthes and i kit guess what he beat me.So it made me rethink my cluthing and gearing from my orginal set up.So i geared back up closed spread up in front spring widdened back spring moved some weight around my sled now is going way stronger now and better top end numbers .Our last race i could get ahead and hold him to 105 mph then he would get me by a sled length.So ive changed again iam sure it will be close now might even beat him.So take getting beat as fun and dont get crankey sledding and racing is so much fun when with good people.Ps when i beat him then we will work on what works better on his sled.Then it will start over again now thats fun.

This is how I do most of my testing as my son will run next to me so I can see the progress that is being made. You can have timers, you can have on-board recorders....but it's when you are next to someone and you see the difference is when you can say....THAT WORKED!!!

It was on a hard groomed trail on a road I very impressed with my apex

Attachments

• IMG_20161222_092743.jpg
    IMG_20161222_092743.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 254
I am confused, what sled are you racing the 1200 with, an Apex or an RX1?

What length track do both of you have?

Mine is a 121 apex my friends is a 137 1200 doo with all cudney stuff header reflash muffler mod had a RX last year on GPS mine went 115 mph his went 110 mph iam must overreving a bit on top going to turn my helix as the team tied has two angles

Last edited:
Mine is a 121 apex my friends is a 137 1200 doo with all cudney stuff header reflash muffler mod had a RX last year on GPS mine went 115 mph his went 110 mph iam must overreving a bit on top going to turn my helix as the team tied has two angles

Is yours clutched, stock gearing, stock track?

40\128 front spring 1.5 extra grams attoe 1.5 extra at heal stock gearing time tied secondary ,73\59 rear helix spring in rear is what came with my RX,1 set up starts at 10500 ends up at 10800 at 115 mph

Back