• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Skis

TimberWoof

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Yamaha Vector LTX
Hello All,

New to the forum, I'm from Saskatchewan, Canada. I just purchased a 2012 Vector LTX and was wondering what you guys recommend for a good pair of after market skis?

Thanx in advance for your replies!

How about 1st gen tuner skis ? I though they settled down the front ends of the Vectors, Nytro's and made them better with less darting and ski lift ? I've never owned a Vector (so I'm not sure) but they did settle down my Nytro front end considerably.

Lots of good skis out there. You first need to figure out what you want the ski to do for you. Flotation, bite, etc...

Have tried a few and the best for me is the Yamaha Mtn ski. Wide ski with a deep keel. With a good carbide they perform well in all kinds of conditions.

I had a 2011 LTX, and I tried a couple of different aftermarket skis to make it handle better, but I ultimately got Snow Tracker carbides for the original ski, and loved them. I used to ride a lot in Quebec a few years ago, and when we went up there, it seemed like 99% of the Yamaha Vectors and Apexes I saw were running the Snow Trackers, and with good reason. I ride a Viper now, but my wife has the Snow Tracker's on her 2013 LTX, and she won't even ride my Viper. If you are looking for a ski to improve the handling of the Vector, the Snow Trackers are easy to steer, don't dart, and corner like they are on railroad tracks. I suspect a set of the semi-aggressive Snow Trackers for your current skis will be a whole lot cheaper than new skis and new carbides for those skis, and I will also bet that they handle as well, or better, than any aftermarket ski you can find.

Thanx for all the info!

I have another question, how do I slow down my machine? When the clutch kicks in I find it too fast and jerky. Is this a simple throttle adjustment?

Back