• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No Online Sno Check

Is it worth $2,000 more to get the better shocks?

$2,000... maybe not. In canada its only a $500.00 difference and yes, its worth that.
On the US site it shows a $1k difference between LE and GT. The SE is 2k less and the only reasons to buy the SE is budget and you want to put that $2k towards non-fox shocks (Elka). I would say that is worth considering if you are heavier or lighter than the 200lb rider Yamaha targets. You will spend more than $2k but have a completely dialed in (for you) set of shocks.

One note: Only the LE gets the good center shock. the SRX and GT get the plain jane HP gas shock.
If I were buying another sled in Canada, I would buy the LE.

I have a 2017 LTX LE with low miles. I am thinking to update to power steering and have a deposit on a 2024 LTX GT EPS at a very good price…. It is refundable if need be.. I am a groom trail riders as 98% of riding I do is Groom trails, big lakes, long rivers, and seasonal roads… The 2017 has great shocks, rides great, and rails around the corners.. Plan to keep this sled and buy another … Iam 230 plus suit and helmet..Will shocks off 2017 and 2024 interchange if some wanted too?

I have a 2017 LTX LE with low miles. I am thinking to update to power steering and have a deposit on a 2024 LTX GT EPS at a very good price…. It is refundable if need be.. I am a groom trail riders as 98% of riding I do is Groom trails, big lakes, long rivers, and seasonal roads… The 2017 has great shocks, rides great, and rails around the corners.. Plan to keep this sled and buy another … Iam 230 plus suit and helmet..Will shocks off 2017 and 2024 interchange if some wanted too?

I think front shocks change with the change in spindles but @cannondale27 would know.

On the 137”, there was a change to the rear shock that eliminated a travel issue that was causing the shock body to crack. I think this change happened around 2019 or 2020 and is easily visible by looking at the angle of the bottom of the reservoir relative to the shock shaft. If it’s 90 degrees, it’s the old one and can have interference leading to shock failure. If it’s angled more like 45 degrees, then it’s the updated shock and will not have interference when suspension is bottomed out.

On the 137”, there was a change to the rear shock that eliminated a travel issue that was causing the shock body to crack. I think this change happened around 2019 or 2020 and is easily visible by looking at the angle of the bottom of the reservoir relative to the shock shaft. If it’s 90 degrees, it’s the old one and can have interference leading to shock failure. If it’s angled more like 45 degrees, then it’s the updated shock and will not have interference when suspension is bottomed out.
Thanks for the heads up…

I got on my dealers list today for a SRX. He’s concerned Sidewinders will be allocated to them.

Dealer knows nothing yet for colors and price. I'll take a Guess.......SRX and LTX LE will be $21,499 U.S. this year. I am hoping more models come with power steering and if the SRX comes with QS3R's one will have my name on it.
Well, i nailed the SRX Price, but I honestly thought they would raise the LTX LE price too match considering the shock package. While I have not ruled out the XTX yet. I think my money is once again on the LTX LE

Last edited:
I got on my dealers list today for a SRX. He’s concerned Sidewinders will be allocated to them.

They are allocated for sure. There are going to be lots of guys with names on them not getting one which my dealer friend is really down about. Lots of loyal and good customers not going to be getting the sled they want.

Back