• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SD-24

SideHogger

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Ltx-Le Sidewinder
I have been having the sd-24 code coming up on my Hurricane 270 tune now. I know when turning key on I always wait for it to stop flashing. But it is starting to come up on dash every so often and does go off after riding sled a few miles. My question being, is this the first sign that my o2 sensor is going? What other symptoms happen when they go bad?

Could be any of the following:
-loose connection or wiring damage
-O2 sensor needing replacement
-AFR module issue.
A friend of mine just starting getting this as well and a new O2 sensor did not fix it so he is replacing the module next he does Not have the AEM module currently but that is what he is going to purchase now.

Could be any of the following:
-loose connection or wiring damage
-O2 sensor needing replacement
-AFR module issue.
A friend of mine just starting getting this as well and a new O2 sensor did not fix it so he is replacing the module next he does Not have the AEM module currently but that is what he is going to purchase now.
I will check all connections but what happens with tune? I have closed loop Hurricane tune. Thank you.

From my understanding...If the AFR module is not working and not showing any AFR indications the closed loop is not operating and the sled reverts to the programmers fuel curves stored in the ECU.
If the O2 indications are erratic I think it would be best to just unplug the O2 sensor until repairs are made so as not to confuse the closed loop and create fueling issues.

I have been having the sd-24 code coming up on my Hurricane 270 tune now. I know when turning key on I always wait for it to stop flashing. But it is starting to come up on dash every so often and does go off after riding sled a few miles. My question being, is this the first sign that my o2 sensor is going? What other symptoms happen when they go bad?
Sd24 occurs when the CANbus network signal is interrupted, this occurs at initial start as the WB sensor goes through it's warm up cycle and the module times out at which signal transmission starts.
In all probability based on your description, the sensor is failing, as it's exposed in a harsh environment, there are many causes which contribute to failing WB sensors, vibration, condensation, leaded fuel, extreme heat.... Etc.... The AEM module is robust and never encounter any issue with them.
Also conduct due diligence and ensure that both power and CANbus connections are intact.... As these will also contribute to your condition as if it was on a restart due to poor connections.

Last edited:
I have now been on two more rides since this issue started. It hasn’t happened again in the 275 miles driven. I wonder if too much octane boost (using Lucas) could be the cause? Also, it is the AEM that I have and wonder if I just replace 02 sensor, does anyone know what the Bosch part number for it is? BTW, all wires are fine and everything is tight.

From my understanding...If the AFR module is not working and not showing any AFR indications the closed loop is not operating and the sled reverts to the programmers fuel curves stored in the ECU.
If the O2 indications are erratic I think it would be best to just unplug the O2 sensor until repairs are made so as not to confuse the closed loop and create fueling issues.
Sideshow, the only fuel issues seem to be using more gas but sled seems to be running good. Have only been trail riding this year and haven’t had opportunity to wring it out on a lake or river due to them not being frozen here in the northeast unfortunately.

I have now been on two more rides since this issue started. It hasn’t happened again in the 275 miles driven. I wonder if too much octane boost (using Lucas) could be the cause? Also, it is the AEM that I have and wonder if I just replace 02 sensor, does anyone know what the Bosch part number for it is? BTW, all wires are fine and everything is tight.
Bosch 17025. You can buy them on eBay for like $33.

Back