• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled Start HID install with pics

Sledstart's kits are SPECIFIC to your sled. These kits are generic. The wiring harness in the Sledstart kit is designed to use as little extra wire as possible. I myself, like the idea of a clean and more precise setup. Not knocking saving some money, but I know Kurt isn't getting rich of his setup. AND he's an advertiser and supporter of the site ;)!

Those are not the same as the Sledstart unit. The ballasts in the link look to be analog and are 2 to 2.5 times the thickness of the Sledstart ballast (just comparing visually). Since your in Canada, you should check out the pricing on www.sledtoyz.com , an authorized Sledstart dealer.

Viper_Dave said:
Sledstart's kits are SPECIFIC to your sled. These kits are generic. The wiring harness in the Sledstart kit is designed to use as little extra wire as possible. I myself, like the idea of a clean and more precise setup. Not knocking saving some money, but I know Kurt isn't getting rich of his setup. AND he's an advertiser and supporter of the site ;)!
I agree and thats why I got his kit! :rocks:

Not wanting to take away from a advertiser and supporter of this site, but there is another option for those who are looking to invest minimal and gain the safety of a higher output HID light. The kits are not custom and you have to be alright with tackling the wire management yourself, but you can gain HID output with minimal investment.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W

This site offers a few different HID ballast configurations. $50 plus shipping for a 35W H4 hi/lo slim ballast, lifetime warranty, your choice of bulb colors.

Back