• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled start HID lights possessed

sledsearcher

Extreme
My HId lights (sled start) started to become possessed tonight. One would go out then both then both back on, etc. I have had them for 3 seasons and this is the first time I experienced this. Any thoughts on where to start investigating? I assume there is a bad connection somewhere but was hoping for some guidance. FYI it's a 2009 xtx

Do you have xenon lights, or HID lights? I have DDM Tuning HID's, and last year, mine would go on and off, then the fuse to the battery connection popped. I changed the fuse, haven't had a problem since.

Bahr05 said:
Do you have xenon lights, or HID lights? I have DDM Tuning HID's, and last year, mine would go on and off, then the fuse to the battery connection popped. I changed the fuse, haven't had a problem since.
Sorry, HIDs from sled start.

I have one bulb that only works when it wants too. Same thing sled start hids

Are your SledStart HID's the older version with the wire connected to your battery? Maybe a loose battery connection? Just a thought.

I bet you have those crappy patch cables... those things are a joke. I ripped them off and wired them direct or talk to Rockmeister, he can get you the correct ones that work.

Could be a weak or dying battery, causing a misfire of the ballasts. I had this problem on my Nytro. Needless to say, I never installed them on my Apex.

Do you have any other electrical items mounted on your sled that may draw some power from the battery, ie. temg gage, gps, etc.?

sledsearcher said:
I have no other electrical items/accessories. My battery isn't giving any indication of being weak. Hmm

Remove the patch cables and wire them direct with the other harness that came in the box originally.

Back