• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sled Wont Start

73Satellite

Rode about 70 miles. Stopped for a break. Sled wouldnt start. Fuel pump relay clicking but no fuel pump. Towed 70 miles. Put sled in shop. Warmed over night. Next morning sled started. Rode 50 miles. Overnighted. Sled started no problem at 20 below zero next morning. Rode 50 miles. Stopped for a few hours. Sled started no problem and rode about 140 miles. Stopped for a few minute break. Sled wouldnt start. Same situation...relay clicked but no fuel pump. Towed 30 miles to buddies Yamaha dealership. Tried one different relay and one new relay...still no fuel pump. No codes. Fuses look good. Wire harness looks good. Everything plugged in. Engine cranks strong. Relays work. No fuel pump. Any ideas?

That same thing happens to me from time to time??? The last couple times it happened, I just walked away from the sled for about ten minutes and it would fire right up??? Kind of annoying! I love the sledd but you are kind of embarrased when it happens after bragging about how great the sledd is to your buddies ridding Polaris, Cat, and Doo.

Same thing with my Apex. What happens is the starter relay by your left foot gets moisture in it and freezes. Tap it with something while turning the key to get her started. Also if you let it warm up in a heated shop for a few hours it will start. Apparently this has been resolved on the 2011's. Call your dealer for the new relay fix.

SRXSex said:
Same thing with my Apex. What happens is the starter relay by your left foot gets moisture in it and freezes. Tap it with something while turning the key to get her started. Also if you let it warm up in a heated shop for a few hours it will start. Apparently this has been resolved on the 2011's. Call your dealer for the new relay fix.

That's the fuel pump relay, the starter relay is attached to the side of the battery box.

That makes alot more sense that it is the Fuel pump relay. I did not notice it the first time it happened but the last time it happened, I noticed I did not get the sound of the Fuel pump pressurizing the fuel system. Also, the sled cranks over when it happens but does not start. So it is good to know that the relay is the likely culprit. Next time this happens to me, I will hold my hand over the relay for a minute and see if that helps. :Rockon:

I have had it freeze twice this year :o| . I have the 2011 relay and mount on order, also the stater relay because of corrosion on the contacts. I am hoping that fixes things, if not the fuel pump is next.

i have a 20011 apex xtx and this no start has happened twice this year at -20c, the forum reply was to carry a spair relay. had the same thing with my o8 apex there has to be a fix out there i now carry a NAPA relay but when it is cold out itis very hard to change the fuel relay without braking parts

Sled Starts

Already had the 2011 relay installed. Changed the fuel pump and she started like new and runs great!!! Thanks for the info!!!

What is the cost of the pump? How long to replace it? Looks like something I may have to do.

Back