• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sledstart HIDS

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
Got them and installed them Had some probs with one bulb not working switched some connections around(different ballast) and it worked put on 350 miles last weekend and buddies and i noticed the bulb only works once in a while idk if its a connection or a ballast or bulb anybody else ever run into this problem?

Just installed mine and no problems. I guess i will find out next week after our ride back up to northern Ontario.

This happens sometime on my RZR where the stator doesnt put out enough at idle to light the ballast so i just give it a little bit of gas to get it to light. idk how you would accomplish this on a nytro though since the light is on all the time.

installed mine in nov....have over 500miles so far this year with no problems...love them and were very easy to install as well

Yamatario said:
Just installed mine and no problems. I guess i will find out next week after our ride back up to northern Ontario.

Did you use the patch cables to install yours? I was up North last weekend and when I would switch from high to low beams my lights would go completely out, if this happens to you just stop shut your sled off and restart it and your lights will come back on. I talked to Kurt and he has said some of the sleds relays were the cause for this, it is not happening to all sleds but there has been some, so I have had to order updated ballasts for to fix this problem, but if you wired the lights up using the supplied cables for the battery then you will be fine. (The lights shut off when you switch from high to low beams when you are moving)

not the same problem. But i had the hood off and was wiggling wires around and so far (knock on wood) they have both came on right away

yamaha06 said:
Yamatario said:

Did you use the patch cables to install yours? I was up North last weekend and when I would switch from high to low beams my lights would go completely out, if this happens to you just stop shut your sled off and restart it and your lights will come back on. I talked to Kurt and he has said some of the sleds relays were the cause for this, it is not happening to all sleds but there has been some, so I have had to order updated ballasts for to fix this problem, but if you wired the lights up using the supplied cables for the battery then you will be fine. (The lights shut off when you switch from high to low beams when you are moving)

I used the plug and play connections along with the direct to battery power connection. Some are saying in another thread that you don't need it but i hooked it up anyways.

Rode almost 3 days last week and no problems. What I did notice is they get momentarily real bright when I start my sled.

Back