• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider wear?

sledheadgeorge

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Which one? I have 6
What kind of mileage you guys getting on a set of sliders? Noticed on the 137, with just the hub and no 4th wheel kit, that they wear fast at the back. Are they like the Apex where it wears to a certain spot and stay for a while?

My Dad has the Stealth Big Wheel Kit. 6,600 miles on his sliders.

I have the 4 big wheel kit and the only wear I’m seeing is up front just in front of the outside boggie wheel, it seems to have worn down to just above the bottom line and has stopped wearing. My sled has 2900 miles on it and these are the original slides

I've got 3,600 on mine. Wear in the rear to the line and in front of bogie wheel like above. They wore to this spot and then stopped. Clips all look good. That said I have a set of duponts that will I put on prior to next season. I do have the 4th wheel.

8000km on Dupont slides they virtually look new. Ltx le

Like Dan's here, 4100 miles and still like brand new. I do have the stealth big wheel 4th wheel kit on though.

Second season on mine and they look really good. Closing in on 5K.

Stock original sliders and just Yamaha optional stock size 4th wheel kit on LTX and sliders in excellent shape at 4000 miles.

I went to put on the Duponts this last fall and asked myself why. They looked worn in back on the outside from the clips wearing off the outside some, but once I got a real look at them it was evident on the inside of the slide where the clips are not wearing that the sliders were still like new and not worn as I had thought, so why install the Duponts, put the original ones back on. They haven't worn a lick since.

I changed mine at 6000kms just because, they wear to a point and that's it. I have over 10000kms now and I'm sure the originals would have still been ok. I wouldn't waste your money on the duponts. My 2 cents.

Has anyone removed their inner idler wheels entirely?

My inners(129") tend to last 1200 miles then chunk off due to studs. When i look at things, it looks like i could easily remove the inners entirely and still do fine on slider wear between the existing outers.

Sure would be nice, as the outers last forever without running over stud heads.

Dan

Reason I asked about slider wear in the first place...is that sliders were worn to this point previous check. Then I rode another 1000 miles and they seemed to stay in the same spot. This set has 3000 miles on.
Don't get me wrong, I will change them, however just asked so I have a good idea of what going on with slider wear.

Attachments

• Resized_20190406_125939.jpg
    Resized_20190406_125939.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Resized_20190406_125956.jpg
    Resized_20190406_125956.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 274

Back