• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slider Wear

flainx

Veteran
Had to replace my sliders after 700 km of riding. The trails to the powder have been hard around here lately and I put on 100 km of hard pack trails helping for the winter games but they seem to need replacing sooner then I would think. When I pulled the sliders off, they were completely worn down completly just in front of the front/back boggie wheels. The rest of the sliders still had probably 50% wear. I'm just curious if anyone has taken the wheels off and noticed if the sliders lasted longer. Do you think the wheels could be causing the track to bind just slight in front of the wheels and put extra force against the sliders. By taking the wheels off, you would spread the force accros the full length of the slider.
If no one has tried this I might give it a shot to see what happens as I think my sliders wore out faster then normal If anyone has any reason I shouldn't try this, please let me know.

Thanks

I'm on an RTX but when I replaced mine yesterday (afet 1700 km) they were worn to about 3/16" remaining about 4" infront of the rear wheels. The rest of them easily had double this remaining. I might put in extra wheels at that location to see if it helps.

I had to replace mine @ 500 K (lots of hard fast trail riding) since then I have tightened up the strap (2nd trop last hole and loosened up the track tension (factory setting seems much too tight) now the sliders seem to last longer (850 km)

Back