• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Slydog skis and darting

I've had Shapers before and for me, they were meh. Didn't do anything better or worse than normal carbides. They are just a gimmick.

I have used Snow Stud's Double Downs on another ski (Camoplast blow molded) and they worked great for me and they protect the keel well with that plate. They don't list them for Slydogs but you could use a set for C&A. I have heard of others doing this and seemed to like it. They might be wider than the keel itself.

I think there is something that works in the shaper bars . Look at the reversed keel on the slydogs ! I was skeptical at first but they turned out to be one of the best wide skis I’ve tried . My buddy gives me tons of crap about how they flex and the tips vibrate but that’s what they are made to do !! Less transfer of trail crap up to the bars . I would be curious to try some double runners on the bottom and see if they work but the Snowtrackers makes the steering very light and positive.

I've had Shapers before and for me, they were meh. Didn't do anything better or worse than normal carbides. They are just a gimmick.

I have used Snow Stud's Double Downs on another ski (Camoplast blow molded) and they worked great for me and they protect the keel well with that plate. They don't list them for Slydogs but you could use a set for C&A. I have heard of others doing this and seemed to like it. They might be wider than the keel itself.

How do you know from the site https://snowstuds.com/product-category/runners/ which one(s) have the C&A bolt patern? Do you have to drill a hole in the bottom of the ski to accomodate that extra peak at the front of the runner?

In the brief amount of time I looked at there site . I could not find aftermarket skis listed. So I googled it and Dennis kirk has some listed maybe you could find a listing there. And yes you would have to drill a hole for the turn up at the front of the runner. Same as the Snowtrackers.

Back