• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SMB clutch kit

Mars

Pro
Schmidt Bros Motorsports performance clutch kit includes, primary spring shim, tuning rivets, secondary driven clutch spec’s and instructions.

Is that just a complicated way of saying they include a spring shim ($0.50) and 3 rivets ($1.00 ea.) for $89.99 ?

Or did I miss something ?

Looking for a clutch kit, anyone have suggestions ? I'm hitting the rev limiter all the time it seems.

Chris has you send in your secondary and does some machine work. I'm in the UP with mine now and I can tell you it flat #*$&@ works!!!! I like it better than the Ulmer I had the holeshot is the same but The SMB has what I want to call more throttle flash It comes back on a lot faster. The pipe sounds sweet too.

It is 6 rivets you change the ones in the middle and at the tip and i will vouch that is does work better than the ulmers clutch kit that costs alot more. I have purchased both. But maybe the snow or air up here in Canada makes a difference. ;)! But seriously it does work no if ands or buts. I think sometimes keeping it simple works to. Put on over 120 miles today on hard packed trail lake running to snow up to the handle bars 11300- 11600 . In the deep snow it pulled down to maybe 11100 somtimes. Iam 220lbs with all my gear on. And the back shifting is great. Ulmers clutch kit is on the shelf and not going back on my machine.

Regards,

Otter Up In Manitoba Canada

Excellent, I shall purchase said kit.

Thanks guys.

Can't afford any downtime sending out my clutch though... I'll call him up see if the kit works without the other clutch work.

I have a 2009 rtx with smb air pods clutch kit and i also have his fuel regulator installed. No machining done to the clutches. Unless your running really hard packed i dont think you will be gaining to much in mph on the phazer with machining the clutches. Maybe yamafarm can tell us how his machined secondary works when he gets it done. Its to short of a season now for me to send out parts to get machined and sent back. Its prime time riding now. Have a good one time for bed

Regards,

Otter.

Ps I have ulmers clutch alignment tool. Nice piece of gear for aligning the clutches

Mars said:
Excellent, I shall purchase said kit.

Thanks guys.

Can't afford any downtime sending out my clutch though... I'll call him up see if the kit works without the other clutch work.
I have the SMB kit without machining,( bought mine last year no mention of secondary work) works good, especially 11000-11800 nice thick sweet spot. Simple kit but effective. Actual pieces are cheap, it's the R&D AND CONCEPT we're paying for. Good luck mars. I trust Chris from SMB, he knows his stuff. :Rockon:

I have an ulmer clutch and i like it. 25 mph to 70mph is in the blink of an eye.

Back