• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Snowinch fits perfectly

trlbrkr

Extreme
In the front of my Attak

Attachments

• DSCN2151.JPG
    DSCN2151.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 104

How much does that thing weigh? Make sure you have it firmly secured otherwise you will do serious damage to the front of your machine in no time bouncing around in there.

If it were me I would not rely on the hood holding it in place. Get some nylon straps and strap it down with it wrapped in a flannel shirt or something. There is also an electrical unit with cooling fins underneath that. Make sure it is not getting beat up. Stuff like that will shift as you ride and can really do damage. Remember Murphy's Law! "If it can, it will."

Do you really think you need a winch? Are you using it as a utility sled?

Do you really think you need a winch? Are you using it as a utility sled?

I have a 3 mile ride to the groomed trail and I often ride alone breaking trail during the week , I know what it takes to get these sleds unstuck after living with my Rage last year. It has alraedy come in handy for moving large blowdowns

I ride also a lot alone in fresh powder and trails with little traffic... I'm also thinking about that winch.. looks really practicale... Does the motor have to be running on the ATTAK for the 12 volt plug to work??

RASH

Attachments

• RX 1 AXLE SPLINES.JPG
    RX 1 AXLE SPLINES.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 64
Rash:

A couple things to consider;
1) If you plug a winch into the "plug", you will melt the wires or blow the fuse or something. You have to hook it directly to the battery. There are two wires over the oil tank (unless they changed their location for 06).
2) If you drain the battery pulling it out, you won't be able to start the engine. There is NO ROPE.

Rash said:
I ride also a lot alone in fresh powder and trails with little traffic... I'm also thinking about that winch.. looks really practicale... Does the motor have to be running on the ATTAK for the 12 volt plug to work??

The winch comes with a remote control and pig tails that I connect to the battery pigtails with clamps that I use on my portable electric fence in the summer. It works with the machine off or running and the motor is .4 horsepower drawing 44 amps with a 1000lb pull 7ft/min.
I wonder how long it would take to draw down the battery??

Fox1_RX-1 said:
LB can you leave the machine running as you use the winch so it will not affect the battery??

You should be able to, however it has been posted here that the new sleds will shutdown after a period of time just idiling. One might have to play with the throttle at times to prevent this. Otherwise it should be a great addition and backsaver!

Back