• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Softest rear torsion spring

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
Are there softer torsion springs than what come on the sidewinders? I've searched but most are looking for stiffer.

Are there softer torsion springs than what come on the sidewinders? I've searched but most are looking for stiffer.
Not sure if cat or yami have anything? But try Hygear I believe they do.

Barn of parts makes a torsion spring relocation kit that softens the stock springs. It works very well. I have a like new used one if your interested. I ended up going back to stock, I found it a little to soft at hi speed but I’ve put on a few pounds over the last few years.

Are you looking for lowered ride height? Srx rear torsions will do that.

Hygear has a bunch of different ones available for different weights. If you send them an email and tell them what your looking for im sure they could set you up. It says they have softer and stiffer then factory. There are usually good about replying to emails although they may be closed till monday due to thanksgiving.

Hygear has a bunch of different ones available for different weights. If you send them an email and tell them what your looking for im sure they could set you up. It says they have softer and stiffer then factory. There are usually good about replying to emails although they may be closed till monday due to thanksgiving.
I'll check them out. Thanks.

Stock SW is 16,5 and that’s pretty soft. Lower than that and you will bottom out easily. Personally i ride the 18,5 from 2015 viper and it’s a HUGE difference on ride quality.... Have you consider bending the one you have a little?

The stock ones are great for trail riding. I'm looking for a softer set.

Last edited:

Back