• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Some more 2011 info

87gtNOS said:
T-Bone said:
From Sled Talk. Thanks CR for more teasers!

How can that Delta box be lighter than what we have now? Looks like it was sent to China for the cheap labour to make it that way!

Is that a servo-motor I see there?

a month ago while debating with sledfreak...all while the speculation whirled...I said Id be they'd add variable valve timing or variable intake timing..the servo motor pictured must control a variable intake system....looks like variable exhaust....

Im disappointed the same headlight and headlight bracket essentially..meaing the same crap lighting

The more i look at that pic,the more my heart races.PLEASE,PLEASE comfirm my wishes,EXUP :Rockon: .

SharkAttak said:
say it does have the EXUP are they like the SRX power valves where you have to pull and clean all the time?

SA "EXUP" is usually located where the exhaust goes from 4 pipes into 1.So no cleaning:)

I personally think that the servo we are seeing is for the Adj velocity stacks.Just my .02

Attachments

• B1_2_Exup%2020%20PS%2017%20med_tcm71-234263.jpg
    B1_2_Exup%2020%20PS%2017%20med_tcm71-234263.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 160
Two observations on the new sled that may mean nothing:

1. The link for EUP under motorcycles shows a picture of snowmobile clutching
2. The A arms are flat like we all run them if you want reduced ski lift.

Has Yamaha been spying on are fixes :)

low slung said:
The more i look at that pic,the more my heart races.PLEASE,PLEASE comfirm my wishes,EXUP :Rockon: .

I, for the life of me, cannot figure why anyone would be excited about it having an exup valve!?! That would just be something else I would have to gut out if I bought one. It doesn't add any more power. It helps flatten torque curves at certain rpm's along with helping with emissions and federally mandated sound (db) levels. Anyone with any experience with r-1 streetbikes know that more power can be achieved without the exup valve. If the exup valve is so great, Why don't they run it on the race bikes, M-1, etc????? Variable intake stacks, like on the new R-1 is a different story. I would like to see them.

By the looks of the pic the cable routes from the back of the servo to(my guess)under the seat,not to the air-box.

low slung said:
By the looks of the pic the cable routes from the back of the servo to(my guess)under the seat,not to the air-box.

absolutely...and its a bigger servo unit...like it has something bigger to open :die

KatahdinLodge said:
I, for the life of me, cannot figure why anyone would be excited about it having an exup valve!?! That would just be something else I would have to gut out if I bought one.

x2 remember the good old SERVO operated POWER VALVES on the '98 700 SRX! 1 more thing to service and up keep!!!

Back