• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sooo pissed

yamahoor

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 viper xtx
I have 400 km total on 2015 viper i put 45 km on this long weekend ridin along groomed trail and ziinnngggg no more drive. Belt looks fine still has reverse had to trailer it home wtf!!!!

Thats correct. It makes a loud screachy ziingg tyype noise like somthins stripped in forward

The belt will turn the secondary but wont move machine

sounds like the the actuator did not fully slid the forward gear in all they way and then it stripped the gear off. I think the actuator is removed during dealer prep to add chain case oil and I wonder if they didn't install it correctly or if the detent block/spring is missing?? At any rate you you need chain case parts so head back to the dealer for warranty work. bummer

Top gear problem. I know of some Cats that have done this.

I was under the impression when buying this machine that it is a yamaha engine and powertrain is the chaincase designed and made by cat?

I was under the impression when buying this machine that it is a yamaha engine and powertrain is the chaincase designed and made by cat?

thats correct, chain case is cat

You got a Yamaha engine and clutches and of course the Yamaha stickers, rest is all cat.

I love mine even if it is a yamacat

Eewww... lol soo when this is repaired should i expect it to happen again in another 400 k or is ther updated parts ? Newho shes goin back to dealer tomorrow

I couldnt find any other threads on this issue maby it just my own #*$&@ luck

I am thinking something with the detent block&spring and or the actuator was the root of your problem. If their not put together and aligned correctly the gears will not fully mesh when in gear, I am just giving you my best guess. You dealer will know soon enough.

Forsure thanks for the input fellas il keep yall posted on what we find

same exact thing happened to my buddys ltx on saturday. had reverse but no forward. towed him 50 mi back to trailer. went to dealer today and they said jam nut on adjuster came loose and backed off untill the chain skiped on the sprockets. sure same thing. 350miles on sled.

Sounds like the pads on the shift fork came off and popped out of forward then stripped the gears ... Pull it apart and check everything out .... Seen this before ....

Turns out when they got it apart the chaincase had several ears broke and lost the lube and completely destroyed the case and everything in it! We have a really good dealer and they will have ready tomorrow. Any sled can have a problem its the dealer that makes the diference. Thats when you know you are dealing with a good company!!!

Back