• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

sooo pissed

Yea, heading to iron river wi sat morning. Sure glad to not miss a weekend. No snow here trailering every weekend so it sucks to brake down. oh well at least it was towards the end of our ride. Made for a long ride home.. S@#t happens!!! Like we always said If you aint braking it you aint riding it!

Turns out when they got it apart the chaincase had several ears broke and lost the lube and completely destroyed the case and everything in it! We have a really good dealer and they will have ready tomorrow. Any sled can have a problem its the dealer that makes the diference. Thats when you know you are dealing with a good company!!!

So whos your dealer? Give them a plug they deserve the praise for the great service they gave you. Also you will get updated parts so better than new.

Interesting stuff. Turns out there were a few stripped gears and bent the shift fork . I didnt talk to the mechanic directly and the service dude couldnt explain why this happened. I just hope its ready for friday i have holidays booked for ridin lake of the woods for ten days

Sorry for this being a little late, but the chain case is not Arctic Cat. It's a Yamaha designed unit, the same one that comes off of the Apex. It was one of the 70-something additional updates Yamaha did to the SR Viper before it entered production.

Sorry for this being a little late, but the chain case is not Arctic Cat. It's a Yamaha designed unit, the same one that comes off of the Apex. It was one of the 70-something additional updates Yamaha did to the SR Viper before it entered production.

The Chaincase is nothing like the Apex. Yamaha may have made some improvements, but still not an Apex case.

I wonder who designed the oil tank? And is it same as the Cat 4s machines?

Cat problem. They have problems with the jackshafts. The jackshafts are to soft. The splines will start to wear and than will make a small grove and the gear will no be able to slide all the way into the other gear. The fix is a stronger jackshaft. They were suppose to have a better jackshaft for 2015. You probably have the same jackshaft. Also there is to much play between the top gears. You can add a .030 shim behind the top gear and will engage further into the other gear. How do I know this? I ride a boosted cat. I installed a Belanger racing jackshaft, manual chain adjuster and Hyvo gears and chain on my 2014 10,000 klm ago.

Back