• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spark plug coils testing 04 Warrior

Chris Hammer

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Rx Warrior 1000 cc LE 2004
Just wondering if there is a tester you can plug into the coil wires to see if you have spark? Sled is a 04 Rx1 warrior.
Getting 0 ohms resistance but book says .20 to .25 I think.

Just wondering if there is a tester you can plug into the coil wires to see if you have spark? Sled is a 04 Rx1 warrior.
Getting 0 ohms resistance but book says .20 to .25 I think.
5d5e6e05c4274f30dc7cbd1e-large.jpg
I got one of these and just used it yesterday for the first time .
Saves taking the plug out and grounding on the engine cover and trying to look for the spark from the plug . Real easy to hook up , and easy to tell if it is sparking .

Thanks, have seen these before and will habe to give it a try. Sled caught on fire and I am in the middle of fixig it back up. I pug in a good new used wire harness. I am pretty sure the coils are done. The tester would be great. I guess I could use a wire light tester to check for power at the plug. How are you uploading the pics here? I always get the message saying the image is to big.

How are you uploading the pics here? I always get the message saying the image is to big.

Most likely your pictures were taken from a phone where the resolution is high which in turns creates a larger file-size picture. A trick I use is to use Windows Snipping Tool. Open picture on your computer and then launch the Snipping Tool and snip and save the image. The new file will be much smaller in file-size and then can be uploaded. If wanting to do this from a phone, there are apps that will also resize your photos and then you can upload directly from your phone.

Thanks, have seen these before and will habe to give it a try. Sled caught on fire and I am in the middle of fixig it back up. I pug in a good new used wire harness. I am pretty sure the coils are done. The tester would be great. I guess I could use a wire light tester to check for power at the plug. How are you uploading the pics here? I always get the message saying the image is to big.
This device is great especially if you are alone and have to pull start the sled , as it makes it so easy to see the light .
It seems everytime I try to add a pic , it is different .
This time was the easiest ever as I just copied it off a website and added to my reply, all on my laptop.
Usually I need to save it in my documents and then upload it to my reply.

Thanks @Sledroll for the help! I will give it a try. I ended up laying my coils with plugs on the engine and luckily all 4 are still ok! I saved myself some cash but now have to by other things, good old plastics!

Most likely your pictures were taken from a phone where the resolution is high which in turns creates a larger file-size picture. A trick I use is to use Windows Snipping Tool. Open picture on your computer and then launch the Snipping Tool and snip and save the image. The new file will be much smaller in file-size and then can be uploaded. If wanting to do this from a phone, there are apps that will also resize your photos and then you can upload directly from your phone.

Thanks @RobX-1 for the help! I will try this tool you are talking about!

Back