• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Special trail pass for Arctic Cat owners

RX1Jim

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I just applied for my annual Quebec trail pass and saw a new section on the application. The new section asked if I was going to ride an Arctic Cat sled in Quebec. If the answer was yes, I had to fill out another section and pay an additional $40 for a parking and walking pass. Their justification for the parking and walking pass is all the broken Cat sleds and Cat owners walking home on the trails are slowing down the groomers!

Yes, it's a joke! Every time I ride with a Cat, I end up working on it for the entire trip! I've had more trips ruined due to Cat's breaking down! Just thought I'd give some people a laugh. I asked every Cat owner I saw on my 4400 miles of riding in Quebec last year if they bought a "park and walk" permit. Most laughed, some were pissed.

Thats too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: Have to use that one on my brother inlaw who rides a 99 wildcat 700..... :twisted: :twisted:

:D :D :D Nice joke. I have a '93 Arctic Cat Wildcat 700 and it has not broken down on me ever. It has now 8300 miles on it. I do service it well and change bearings and stuff once in a while. It's a good sled but it is no comparison to my '03 Blue RX-1, but today the old cat is going to work... Happy sledding weekend guys and gals. :wink:

Last weekend out riding with my son and a few freinds He has an F5. About 20 miles from nowhere the coolant tank drain line decides to crack for no apparent reason. Presurized tank Bog, Bog 15 seconds and MELT DOWN!!! One of the guys runs to a nearby lake and hacks a peice of dock rope and the RX1 turns into a tow vehicle. We come around a corner and a bunch of sleds on the side of trail lots of artic green and in the middle a blue Yammi rider slapping them up giving me the big 2 thumbs up while my son gives that dejected half hearted wave :lol: :lol:
So now the F5 is turning into a F7 he can't stand not keeping up to the old man on hardpac......
Later JIM in MINN

Back