• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spring 2016 Trail Turbo Clutch Kit Sale

Support@MPI

TY Advertiser
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Spring 2016 Trail Turbo Clutch Kit Sale.

Regularly $399.95 on Sale for$339.95 Until April 25th

These kits are a must have to be able to use all the power your MPI turbo unleashed from your Yamaha SR-Viper.

NOTE: This kit is for the 190HP MPI Trail Turbo Viper 129in, 137in, 141in. Contact MPI for Mountain and other variants.

To place an order call 888-649-4609 9:00AM to 5:00PM MST Monday – Friday or order on line at viper.MountainPerformance.com Discount will show at checkout.

hsk-1180 viper trail clutch kit-2000.jpg

Viper Trail Turbo Clutch Kit by Ulmer Racing & MPI (Custom Clutch Kit with all components designed for the MPI Trail Turbo; No compromise or making due with OE parts)

This Version Includes:
- Set of 3 Custom Adjustable Primary Weights (with bushings)
- Set of infinitely adjustable thread-in Washers & Screws
- Special High Performance Nickel Plated Custom Turbo Helix (with Bushing)
- Primary Spring
- Secondary Spring
- Tried and True Setup instructions

This kits ships ready for your Yamaha / MPI trail turbo kit. But with the extra components included, this kit will grow with you and your kit as your boost requirements grow.

Last edited:

Anyone got this kit installed? I have been struggling trying to make oem weights and different helix and spring combinations work with inconsistant RPM's, hitting rev limiter, slipping belt, slow back shift, and hot clutches. I am hoping this clutch kit will cure all that and keep the revs consistant and off the rev limiter. I am running a strong 6# boost with 144 trail studs. Any feed back on this kit would be appreciated.

The kit is highly adjustable, so we can alter any settings as well. I can help you out with any adjustments if you are running 6 lbs you will likely need a little more weight in the weights. 605-387-2833

Anyone got this kit installed? I have been struggling trying to make oem weights and different helix and spring combinations work with inconsistant RPM's, hitting rev limiter, slipping belt, slow back shift, and hot clutches. I am hoping this clutch kit will cure all that and keep the revs consistant and off the rev limiter. I am running a strong 6# boost with 144 trail studs. Any feed back on this kit would be appreciated.

Been running it on mine and it works...

Yes, Only rode it about 300 miles on since it was installed but was spot on!

I have the MPI Turbo with the intercooler. Is that the trail turbo kit or the sea level turbo kit? Is there a different clutch kit for the intercooled turbo and the non intercooled kit?

I have the MPI Turbo with the intercooler. Is that the trail turbo kit or the sea level turbo kit? Is there a different clutch kit for the intercooled turbo and the non intercooled kit?

Same clutch kit, different weight configuration on the weights.

Is the sale on Mountian kits as well? Does it have instructions on running more psi than the standard 5/6psi.

Thanks for the information. Going to the website to order my clutch kit now! Looks like it will be next season before I get to try it out though. lol. Spring is upon us in Maine now.

Same clutch kit, different weight configuration on the weights.

Allen, Why is the LE with 141 2.25 track excluded? The reason I am asking is last year you told me both the XTX's 1.6 and 2.25 tracks took the same kit but needed the washers set up different so that's what we did. Whats changed now that the 2.25 needs a different kit, did you send me the wrong kit?

Allen, Why is the LE with 141 2.25 track excluded? The reason I am asking is last year you told me both the XTX's 1.6 and 2.25 tracks took the same kit but needed the washers set up different so that's what we did. Whats changed now that the 2.25 needs a different kit, did you send me the wrong kit?

XTX LE doesn't get a different kit, you can see it listed right on the sheet that is in the photo above.

Is the sale on Mountian kits as well? Does it have instructions on running more psi than the standard 5/6psi.

A MTX sled requires a different helix. This sales is on the trail setup only. The kit will work at the higher psi, just call me and I will give you new weight settings.

XTX LE doesn't get a different kit, you can see it listed right on the sheet that is in the photo above.

The very first post here done by MPI says "no 2.25in 141 track " and thats a XTX LE model. That's the part I am confused about. When we got the kits you said both the XTX LE and SE get the same kit and only need to adjust the washers differently.

Last edited:
The very first post here done by MPI says "no 2.25in 141 track " and thats a XTX LE model. That's the part I am confused about. When we got the kits you said both the XTX LE and SE get the same kit and only need to adjust the washers differently.

You would have to call and talk to MPI to ask why they are doing that, as it is not our recommendation or Ulmer Racing's stance, likely just a little mix up with MPI. Like I said, my specifications are listed on the sheet for a XTX LE, the 129, 137, and 141 models all use the same kit, just different washer configurations, only on the MTX models do I go to a different kit.

Back