• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Spring Power Surge Bait and Switch???

My salesman just emailed me back. He said current rates thru Capital One is 6.99%. They could change by time my sled shows up.

I'm not sure what to think right now.......I did the "pre-approval" through Yamaha and was approved. I was told I wouldn't be getting their card in the mail til they did the full transaction, otherwise I would have had to start paying for the sled when I snow checked it! Now it sounds like rates have jumped :(

I did the financing approval through capital one back in march and got my card a couple weeks later. The rate should not change because that was part of the power surge program along with the $2000 turbo kit. No transaction has been made yet so my account has not been charged. I payed my deposit with cash. I do get emails from capital one every couple weeks about privacy protection crap which is really annoying.

I guess it may depend on the dealer. My dealer said that Yamaha went through GE capital finance but maybe the dealer can choose? Got me. I just put this out there to make sure other people checked their paperwork before signing. I doubt I would have noticed anything changed if my dealer hadn't mentioned it to me. He's a good guy, even knocked another $150 off the price of the sled and I didn't ask for that.

I looked into this. The only thing that could change the rate from when you were approved is your credit rating. If that stayed the same the rate should stay the same.

They pulled that on me last year. I ended up going with a credit union for 3.24. Its a crock though when they advertise that rate in the spring knowing full well that you are not borrowing the money until fall. The promotions used to go on your card. Now the promotion is on a whole new loan which also blows. 14,ooo credit line on my Yamaha card and can't use it!!!

Really makes you wonder. I posted on July 16 2014 that all Canadian apparel went up 7% . I went to our local dealer on Tuesday (Sept.9) and it was news to him. Almost two months and he had not received any notification.He submitted an apparel order on April 15 (Yamaha deadline) based mostly on customer request to " make sure you get what you want before it goes on back order". He was visibly upset as he felt obligated to honour the lower price. He was also informed of the Viper trail turbo option 11 days after Mr. Sled announced it here. It appears Bait and Switch is in vogue for the dealers as well. Almost 6 months and not a word from Sled Talk. Makes you wonder.

My dealer had me re-apply for Yamaha credit. He told me they was able to look it up in the system and honor the interest rate because I applied in the spring. They are definitely working hard to keep me happy and a returning customer!

Back