• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR Viper 137" stretch to 153"

sackryen

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SRViper LTX
I recently purchased a 2014 SR10 LTX SE to build out to a mountain sled.

Good News:
It has the One Stop Performance 280+hp turbo kit with auto adjust altitude and a whole lot of other performance goodies.

Bad News:
Owner hit a telephone pole and the bulk head needs to be replaced. Then, it broke a rod when he went to load it in sub zero temps. (he may not have let it warm up enough)

I'm planning to wait for the 36" front end recently announced to be available to skinny up the front end and am tearing down the front end to see what all needs to be replaced in the bulk head. Will also have One Stop Performance install stronger rods and new pistons when working on the rest of the chassis.

I would like to stretch the back end to a 153", but, have a couple questions:

1. If I purchase 2015 153" Arctic Cat rails, will all my components (shocks, arms, etc.) from the 137" skid bolt directly into the 153" rails?

2. I've read on the forum that people prefer the angle on the Arctic Cat skid over the SRViper skid? Do you agree with that and will it bolt right to my current locations for the tunnel to the skid?

UFF DAH sounds like you got a long and expensive project ahead of you!
Good Luck

I recently purchased a 2014 SR10 LTX SE to build out to a mountain sled.

Good News:
It has the One Stop Performance 280+hp turbo kit with auto adjust altitude and a whole lot of other performance goodies.

Bad News:
Owner hit a telephone pole and the bulk head needs to be replaced. Then, it broke a rod when he went to load it in sub zero temps. (he may not have let it warm up enough)

I'm planning to wait for the 36" front end recently announced to be available to skinny up the front end and am tearing down the front end to see what all needs to be replaced in the bulk head. Will also have One Stop Performance install stronger rods and new pistons when working on the rest of the chassis.

I would like to stretch the back end to a 153", but, have a couple questions:

1. If I purchase 2015 153" Arctic Cat rails, will all my components (shocks, arms, etc.) from the 137" skid bolt directly into the 153" rails?

2. I've read on the forum that people prefer the angle on the Arctic Cat skid over the SRViper skid? Do you agree with that and will it bolt right to my current locations for the tunnel to the skid?

You could also go rail extensions and use what is there.

You can only do a swap to the 153" CAT rails on the XTX skid. The 137" skid is the slide-action suspension and therefore much different than the mountain skid.

You can only do a swap to the 153" CAT rails on the XTX skid. The 137" skid is the slide-action suspension and therefore much different than the mountain skid.
Thank you gade-thrasher! That is very good to know. So, my best bet is to purchase the entire skid? Would you happen to know if I could at least swap over my current shocks to a 153" skid?

Any updates. Will the longer skid just bolt on? I was thinking of stretching my XF137 out.
Tracks USA has this also. Arctic Cat XF 2014, 137" to 146" (AC-XF-04) But I don't know about tunnel extensions.

Last edited:
Any updates. Will the longer skid just bolt on? I was thinking of stretching my XF137 out.
Tracks USA has this also. Arctic Cat XF 2014, 137" to 146" (AC-XF-04) But I don't know about tunnel extensions.

Yes I believe that it will bolt in. On your tunnel at the front arm mounts there should be 2 holes, one forward and one down and back. For the mountain skid you would use the rearward lower holes. For the rear arm mounts in the tunnel there should be three holes, in this case you would mount the skid in the middle hole.

For tunnel extensions you can use OEM Cat or Yamaha rear tunnel halves (part # varies with track length and color). You'll also need the 153" bumper, the metal strip that covers the tail light wiring, and rivets. For most of the rivets you can use standard pop rivets with the exception of the Gold colored rivets. The Gold rivets are high strength and there are four on each side at the drop bracket area and one on each side where the running board brackets attach to the running boards. It's best to use the OEM Gold rivets at these areas for maximum strength. The parts to do job are fairly reasonable in cost the last time I checked and what I did was just ordered parts for a M8000 153". The tunnel extension and bumpers do come in different colors though so you'll want to verify the color before ordering parts.

Bill

tmp_9334-20151020_204708963960046.jpg tmp_9334-20151020_2045571108592545.jpg
Thanks, I finally got my viper out of the trailer. The front of the tunnel is the same, the rear drop brackets are different. My XTX Viper LE 141 has 3 and the XF 137 only has 2. Maybe I'll try to put the 141 skid in.

20141127_161413_resized_1.jpg

The 141 XTX uses the same components as the 153 Arctic Cat. I purchased the 153 rails from a guy in Colorado, painted them and switched everything over. It was a breeze and works great!

Only thing is the tunnel the same length from the 141 XTX to the 137? On big jumps I would just catch the rear of the tunnel with a 2 1/4" power claw track.

View attachment 110854

The 141 XTX uses the same components as the 153 Arctic Cat. I purchased the 153 rails from a guy in Colorado, painted them and switched everything over. It was a breeze and works great!

Only thing is the tunnel the same length from the 141 XTX to the 137? On big jumps I would just catch the rear of the tunnel with a 2 1/4" power claw track.

DAMN that place in that picture looks familiar...................

Can someone tell me if I will need a different driver to go to a 2.6" 153" track from the stock LTX SE setup?

If you are buying a 153 track, make sure it is the same pitch track as your sled has now, this way you don't have to change drivers. If new, just tell them what pitch you are running.

If you are buying a 153 track, make sure it is the same pitch track as your sled has now, this way you don't have to change drivers. If new, just tell them what pitch you are running.
Thank you NOS Pro, I'll be sure to do that. I was just wondering if the driver needed to be a smaller circumference to make room for the larger paddels to clear in the tunnel.

Thank you NOS Pro, I'll be sure to do that. I was just wondering if the driver needed to be a smaller circumference to make room for the larger paddels to clear in the tunnel.

You should go to the parts fiche and see if you have 8 or 9 tooth drivers. The XTX have 8 tooth drivers like NOS PRO has and 2.6 fits fine. With 9 tooth drivers 2.6 is going to be iffy.

Back