• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SR VIPER FUEL PUMP FILTER LEAK...FIRE DANGER

Fuel leak

This was a different sled ! Mike and I bought them around the same time but his is black and red and mine is blue and white both LTX SE I will have it back at the dealer Monday to close the loop with Yamaha.

Sr Viper Fuel Pump

Just got back from Dealership. My sled happens to be there for oil/chain case tension check.

Dealer was grateful to Forum for the info. He showed me where it was at on my sled and was able to feel the clamps and determine they were installed. He is contacting all his customers right now with detailed instruction on how to check it.

He said many years ago there was a similar issue with a Yamaha model it was very isolated and no major incidents occurred but he did find one of his customers sled with a clamp not installed from factory on a fuel line.

Human beings, it can happen. I am sure they will track it back.

Just checked mine for piece of mind, both clamps were attached and crimped. Pulled on it pretty damn hard no way that its coming off.

Thanks for the tip

sounds like yours was being instaled friday at 5.00pm.everybodys talking where there going for beers after work and yours never got tightened.

Good everybody's ok, checked mine today everything's nice and tight. Thanks again for the info.

Good here also. Leaving it a sticky though just so new sled dealers and owners look. Thanks for heads up and pics. Makes it impossible to deny. Hope you turned it in to your dealer also.

Mine was driping fuel. I used my crimping tool to tighten it up. If it leaks again i will replace the crimp. Or run a slightly longer hose. It pulls down on it a little by being so short.

I changed all the fuel line pinch clamps to high pressure clamps. Not worth the risk, being sprayed with gas and the sled starting on fire then me!

This did in fact become a recall way back in 14. In 15 or 16 they eliminated the fuel filter altogether. Always good idea to keep an eye on any fuel line connections though. Line itself also. Worst thing ever to watch your sled go up in flames. It happens to all brands.

wonder why they removed the filter?...i just changed mine this year, expensive but i like having it

This did in fact become a recall way back in 14. In 15 or 16 they eliminated the fuel filter altogether. Always good idea to keep an eye on any fuel line connections though. Line itself also. Worst thing ever to watch your sled go up in flames. It happens to all brands.
Yup it's terrible to see. Had an Apex burn up right under my nose.

wonder why they removed the filter?...i just changed mine this year, expensive but i like having it
Cheaper,Less chance of failure at assembly is my guess. I assume there is the normal filter at fuel pickup. If so and its like Yamaha uses I cant think of anyone who ever had to replace one even with well over 20000 mi on. I think that filter on our 14's is just a Fram filter. Probably can cross refrence to a Napa or many other brands.

My 2015 Viper Ltx Fuel filter started leaking after 500 miles .......could smell strong smell of fuel . was dripping onto engine heads .....replaced filter and put hose clamps on . Dealer warrantied . Filter is located up by steering post

Back