• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs LTX vs XTX

Gmoney907

Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 sidewinder mtx
Hey guys, newbie here. I own a 17 mtx but am looking to order a trail/ crossover sled. Here's my dilemma. I live in Alaska, specifically north pole alaska. We dont have trail systems like alot of you guys have in the lower 48 or canada(largest trail system is like 300 miles). Most of our riding outside of the limited groomed trails we have are cross country goat trails, lakes and river riding, and semi open marshland/swamps. I really like the srx looks, and I think a last year ever srx would be sweet, but would I majorly regret going srx for the type of riding I plan on using the sled for over a ltx or xtx? Is the only difference in the lowered stance on the srx suspension or is there actual chassis differences between that and the ltx? I am not afraid of changing a sled up to fit what I want, but I also don't want to buy something that just flat out isnt right for me. I am hoping to make this my forever sled, one that will always be coming to the cabin or ripping over to a buddy's house without too much trouble in lower snow or a foot of fluff. Would love to hear your guys opinions and any info or other threads you could point me towards would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4319.JPG
    IMG_4319.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 36

Here's my opinion. The SRX would be the worst choice, sure a track change can happen but the bigger issue will be the IQS shock package. Ice and snow have not been kind with these shock packages. The LTX would be a better choice with it's QS3r shocks and 1.25" track but a true cross-over sled would be the XTX. Better for off trail but can still be ridden on trail. XTX for the win!

Here's my opinion. The SRX would be the worst choice, sure a track change can happen but the bigger issue will be the IQS shock package. Ice and snow have not been kind with these shock packages. The LTX would be a better choice with it's QS3r shocks and 1.25" track but a true cross-over sled would be the XTX. Better for off trail but can still be ridden on trail. XTX for the win!
I appreciate the feedback, but what is the disadvantage of the iqs shock system? I was really kind of fond of the idea of the on the fly adjustments from the handlebars. Second question regarding the xtx, how does it handle on trail/ in mediocre snow? I’ve found a plethora of srx and ltx threads but there doesn’t seem to be as much for the xtx. Really I’d love to buy all 3, but unfortunately I’m not made of money lol.

I appreciate the feedback, but what is the disadvantage of the iqs shock system? I was really kind of fond of the idea of the on the fly adjustments from the handlebars. Second question regarding the xtx, how does it handle on trail/ in mediocre snow? I’ve found a plethora of srx and ltx threads but there doesn’t seem to be as much for the xtx. Really I’d love to buy all 3, but unfortunately I’m not made of money lol.

Denny is referring to the exposed wiring and potential damage from ice. If you were using the sled to run a trap line, the SRX would be nearly my last choice (and I own one). If I was just out to enjoy riding, I would probably get an X-TX just because of the conditions there. The SRX with IQS is nice but it is a coupled skid, lowered slightly, and really meant for hardcore riding on groomed trails. A comparison would be street bike vs more dirt biased bike (X-TX).

I have used a riot 9000 same as a xtx for 2 seasons on trail and off with the 1.6 cobra track, works realy well on trail when set up well, push in corners are nill, fun factor with that track in contact with packed trail coupled with the non coupled suspension "PRICELESS" and it will get you by off trail as long as you keep the "nose up" my 2 cents!

IMO...X-TX SE would be a good choice for your application.
- 2" 146" track
- Mountain skis
- narrow ski stance
The X-TX LE only has a 1.6 track and narrower skis

Back