• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Srx questions

Eddyzima

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
I am new to the Yamahas. Looking at a very nice 2019 Srx. My concern is the lowered ride hight. Will the sled handle the moguls when things get rough or should I be looking for an ltx sidewinder? The Srx I am looking at is all stock except for a track change and some pics.

I am new to the Yamahas. Looking at a very nice 2019 Srx. My concern is the lowered ride hight. Will the sled handle the moguls when things get rough or should I be looking for an ltx sidewinder? The Srx I am looking at is all stock except for a track change and some pics.

The lowered stance is achieved on the SRX through dual rate springs, it loses nothing in travel. I believe that 19 and after the sleds are all setup identically (LTX LE/SRX). The difference is graphics. The big difference is between the LTX LE and SE models, the LE has the better shock package, the same as the SRX. Any winder will be good through the moguls, LTX LE or SRX have the better shocks. The chassis loves to be ridden hard and is better in the big bumps than the doos I ride with. The front end on the procross is simply the best.

The lowered stance is achieved on the SRX through dual rate springs, it loses nothing in travel. I believe that 19 and after the sleds are all setup identically (LTX LE/SRX). The difference is graphics. The big difference is between the LTX LE and SE models, the LE has the better shock package, the same as the SRX. Any winder will be good through the moguls, LTX LE or SRX have the better shocks. The chassis loves to be ridden hard and is better in the big bumps than the doos I ride with. The front end on the procross is simply the best.
I believe it is just the SRX's with that spring package. The rear torsions are specific to SRX models.

The first thing I would do is determine what kind of riding you do.
Ditch riding, tight trails, off-trail, whooped out junk the majority of the time? The SRX might not be for you.
Groomed trail, rough groomed trail, SRX may be king.

Rough groomed trails are my concern. Think Sunday afternoon in tug hill. Lol
Revalve for that. Whatch for the lower spring retainer flying out. My buddies wanted to know how I could take the moguls so hard on my LTX LE but I did loose the bottom spring retainer from pounding them.

I believe it is just the SRX's with that spring package. The rear torsions are specific to SRX models.

You are totally right, I was just looking at the second part of the parts list number.

So do you guys feel the 19 Srx IQs would be a good choice over say a 19 ltx-gt with the regular qs3’s ?

I also would pass on electric shocks. This is probably going to be a nightmare down the road. If you trade in all the time, go nuts but if you are like me and keep everything forever.... hard pass.

I don't know.. its a set of servos, its not as complex as the steering electronics in the EPS models. The steering electronics have to know and process inputs from other parts of the sled, then it has to apply that information dynamically through a semi-complex motor controller. The IQS basically has a button that tells the servo - go there now.

I will just buy IQS packages from all of you that buy EPS and then have to sell the IQS for *cheap* to buy Elkas or regular Fox QS3r. Of course you will be staring at an IQS error on the gauge the entire time. :)

My preferred shock package are the fully adjustable Kashimas/QS3-R, which includes adjustable center shock with two springs on it.
Now if they would only let us order with the color and shock package we want.

My preferred shock package are the fully adjustable Kashimas/QS3-R, which includes adjustable center shock with two springs on it.
Now if they would only let us order with the color and shock package we want.

I agree, and one reason I didn't take delivery on the 23 SRX I ordered after owning a LE with them. Had I known the 23 LE came with them, I'd have gone that route. I don't want electric adjustable shocks either and don't necessarily want blue. I want Red or Red with a bit of white.

Knapp,

Thanks for pointing out the shocks on the ‘23 LTX LE EPS. I didn’t realize they were being delivered with the QS3R’s and none of the launch material shows it this way. The ‘23 parts catalogs also confirm they are the QS3R’s.

I may have to keep my eyes peeled for one of these - though I‘d really like to have the same thing only in a Viper as I really don’t have a need for 95+ speeds.

Back