• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SRX vs LTX

21/41, stock sleds, no tune.

I was looking for the QS3-R model sidewinders and 9000's. Found a tcat with IACT and after spending a weekend with it I knew I made the rite decision.

Speedo I assume, not GPS
The tcat fleecer is referring too at 137 is not running stock gears. The testing between 1.25 track and 1" track was on stock winder 21/41 gears is what I believe he was trying to say.

Thanks all for the feedback. How did they go about lowering the SRX? Is it purely shock length or is there some other changes. I guess the 1" track is the standout difference, and I assume going to a 1.3 or 1.5" track isn't going to run into problems? Like an ice storm for instance. I definitely would not enjoy a 1" track around here.
front shock springs and rear torsion springs are different and that is it. There are no other suspension differences. The springs can be retroffited to any other 137 model. I have srx springs all around on my ltx-se.

Love those facts about why Yamaha chose that set up for its fastest stock sled ever!

My choice would certainly be the SRX with it’s smooth fast characteristics, and it’s great handling capabilities that are qualities of it’s lower stance and 1” lug track!

All depends what you ride where. I’m a smooth fast trail type with a mix of some air at high speeds! Fun factor x2!
Could not describe the SRX any better, just the facts. Where I ride and how I ride the SRX is well suited!!!!!

front shock springs and rear torsion springs are different and that is it. There are no other suspension differences. The springs can be retroffited to any other 137 model. I have srx springs all around on my ltx-se.
Do you notice a definite difference in ride/handling? Would the Thundercat springs be the same as the SRX springs?

Do you ride the southern ontario trail system?
Yes if the snow conditions are favorable. Have been to Lake Simcoe running from Bradford up the river to the lake. Conditions in Ontario have not been that great so far. This year I have made 2 trips to Quebec where it is cold and they have a ton of snow. Got a lot of looks as the SRX really sticks out among mostly Skidoos

Do you notice a definite difference in ride/handling? Would the Thundercat springs be the same as the SRX springs?
Never road this 2022 ltx se with stock front springs so I cant say for sure. I ran the rear atock torsions a bit before switching to srx torsions. Definetly lowers ride height and I have to run the srx springs a little stiffer setting. They are supposed to be same rate but with just more i initial sag but definitely acts like a softer spring. Yes tcat springs are the same.

Yes if the snow conditions are favorable. Have been to Lake Simcoe running from Bradford up the river to the lake. Conditions in Ontario have not been that great so far. This year I have made 2 trips to Quebec where it is cold and they have a ton of snow. Got a lot of looks as the SRX really sticks out among mostly Skidoos

We have ridden quite a bit around here. Up to Fenelon falls, over to ganaraska, etc.. Our really close trails are a mix of goat paths, single track, and just tight and windy until we get to the more major trails. From my place I can get to the H6 or E108 to head north, and then we are on more normal trails (for around here anyhow). I guess if I can ride an attak through those goat tracks I can get a SW through them. :)

We have ridden quite a bit around here. Up to Fenelon falls, over to ganaraska, etc.. Our really close trails are a mix of goat paths, single track, and just tight and windy until we get to the more major trails. From my place I can get to the H6 or E108 to head north, and then we are on more normal trails (for around here anyhow). I guess if I can ride an attak through those goat tracks I can get a SW through them. :)
Only it will be a little smother and faster if you so desire. Ridden up around Fenelon Falls through Kinmount and up to Haliburton. The old railroad trail is generally one of the first trails open of the year. Mother-in-law’s home is in Kinmount.

Back