• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspension kit for XTX skid

I'm sorry, but why would you mix and match components and setups fron2 different companies. No knocking Hygear. They do what they do very well. Star has developed and tested their system and it works. Its just that , a system. I'm trusting Star in my setup, re spring and revalve. They've done all the work and I get the benefit of that.

One would do this when they have invested in the hygear rear shock upgrades and instead of throwing that out the door keeping what they have and utilizing the rear swing arm style upgrade Star offers. I have the hygear setup myself and was going to ask about this as well for next years upgrade when I install the Star kit. Didn't plan on having them revalve my shocks unless necessary.

I'm going to give it a shot. Tried Star's setup last season and it worked good. Hell this may make it better. If not I can always go back.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

1200km so far with the star.....as good as everyone said previously and waaaaay better than I thought it could be!

With the crap snow we've had round here, I've got to experience it in rough trail conditions pretty much all season and really should be what nytro owners do.

Very happy

Hey guys

Reading a lot about Star Suspension and there's a lot of positive feedback.

I ordered mine today.

I do have a question?
For those of you who have installed this kit. You said it gets rid of the SAG? Just with kit.

Has everyone left the STOCK torsion springs in OR have you replaced them with heavier ones at same time?

And if you have replaced torsion springs which ones did you use for the XTX?

Mines a 2013 Nytro XTX
Thanks

I just put the kit in my XTX a month ago. I haven't had snow to ride it yet except around my field for 400 yards or so. It feels better than before from what I can tell from such a short ride. It does still sag but the kit is new and maybe it needs to loosen up a bit or grease to spread or something. I also had them rebuild both shocks and shorten the center shock. My torsion springs set on medium. If I push the back down it rebounds only slightly. My torsion springs are stock

That doesn't sound bad. I can live with a 1 inch sag.
To me if I push down on rear bumper it should spring back up to the top.
From what I've read on TY. It's the torsion springs that give it the ride height you could say.
I just don't wanna put it back together with stock torsion springs and have it do the same thing is all.
I'm sending my shocks out to my local Yamaha dealer to get rebuilt and revalved
But to me shocks don't give the sled its accual ride height ( #*$&@ end way up in air) it's the torsion springs. I could be wrong though

I ordered new, stiffer torsion springs for my 09 xtx. Waiting for them to arrive. My plan is to install the Star as well, just haven't decide on this year or next. Should do it now while I have the skid out.

I just ordered my Star kit today. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what torsion springs everyone is using.
I know there the 1900-2200 springs
BUT from what sled and exact year are they getting them from
Even part numbers be nice

I just ordered my Star kit today. Now I'm trying to figure out exactly what torsion springs everyone is using.
I know there the 1900-2200 springs
BUT from what sled and exact year are they getting them from
Even part numbers be nice

I installed the kit this year. Amazing rough trail response. So much more progressive feeling. Im 220 dressed and run the stock springs full soft and never bottom even with rear compression on shock 1 click from full soft. You dont need springs after kit install

I even rode 2 up with a combined weight of 350lbs rode springs on hard setting never bottomed at all lol

But i also had my shocks rebuilt and valved by them as well. Might be helping th cause

Thanks guys.

It's not so much about bottoming out .i just want it to sit the way it's supposed to like when it was new. I know you going have maybe a 1 inch of sag. I can live with that.

But when you push down on bumper and sled stays there pretty much. Something is weak. And shocks don't do ride hieght. Torsion springs do.
Sending my shocks off for rebuild/revalve for my weight

Just don't wanna put skid back in with stock torsion springs and still have it sag big time
Even after Star kit installed. Is all

Back