• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Star Suspension kit for XTX skid

Wife's XTX has the Star kit, blocks @ M for her still using stock springs w/ Hygear spacers but when I ride it (200# difference) it doesn't sag all that bad and doesn't bottom out at unless your hitting huge moguls. I could adjust to H but it's not needed.
My RTX has a lot more sag but shocks have been re-valved for me, it sits lower but rarely bottoms out as well- plush feel but just enough. Go too stiff of a suspension & it won't give sending your #*$&@ up in the air as it's kicking back like a mule.
Recently purchased BOP's 4 position adjuster blocks if the need to add a quick pinch of stiffness comes along.

Thanks guys.

It's not so much about bottoming out .i just want it to sit the way it's supposed to like when it was new. I know you going have maybe a 1 inch of sag. I can live with that.

But when you push down on bumper and sled stays there pretty much. Something is weak. And shocks don't do ride hieght. Torsion springs do.
Sending my shocks off for rebuild/revalve for my weight

Just don't wanna put skid back in with stock torsion springs and still have it sag big time
Even after Star kit installed. Is all
Once the star kit is in check all your bushings and clean and grease everything. Like what porkchop said too much torsion is not good. Let your rebuilt and revalved shocks and reduced friction from the star kit take the sag out. You want your shocks to do the work for you. Too much torsion the skid wont go through its full travel

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Just installed my Star Suspension. And have to say very impressed. The kit came as shown. Each section was in it own bag or wrap.
Now I do have to say. If your going to put this in take the time to pull Suspension out. Way easier. I honestly can't see how you could do it in sled unless you have Jack Daniels beside you. Lol
The kit was very simply to instal except torsion springs pressure( trying to loosen them) (unblock the bracket that holds long end to rail)
I wasn't in a hurry as my shocks are out getting rebuilt/revalve.
The only problem I had was centre shaft was a tad to big on rear section of kit. But Star tells you you mite be the rear occasion. A little sand paper and good to go.
Got rid of a few spots on factory Suspension that could cause binding.
To me it almost reminds me of a Ski-Doo setup from. Back in the day. But I could be wrong.
Can't Waite to try it
Hopefully sag will pretty much gone. Robert said your going have maybe an inch still but every sled has that.
IMG_1609.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_1615.JPG
    IMG_1615.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_1616.JPG
    IMG_1616.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1618.JPG
    IMG_1618.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_1620.JPG
    IMG_1620.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_1621.JPG
    IMG_1621.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 196
When I installed my Star kit they rebuilt and adjusted all of my shocks at the same time. Excellent ride. Very impressed.

Back