• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Starting issues

wildmann

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
16 viper rtx-dx
11 venture gt
09 vector ltx gt
05 vector
2005 vector starter engages only sporadically, started this last year, I checked electrical connections, cleaned and dielectric grease on relays, how much of a pia is it to get to the starter cable. you can turn the key 50 times with nothing, then all of a sudden it will turn over. any help is appreciated

Sounds like a bad starter relay. Next time it won’t turn over touch a screwdriver between the 2 posts on the relay. If it turns over there’s your problem.

which relay is the starter relay, there are 3 in a row down by right foot, is that the right spot?

he is talking about the one by the air box on the right side of the sled.

do you just replace the 30 amp fuse or the whole thing?

do you just replace the 30 amp fuse or the whole thing?
I am replacing the whole relay. The fuses are likely not the issue, unless you have severe corrosion on their terminals. Usually corrosion will be on the relay pins, or the relay will be failing inside. For $50, and piece of mind, I'll just replace it. If I'm wrong, and it's not that, at least I know it's new and good for a while.

Did you check for corrosion on the relay and it's white connector plug?

thanks, where did u order from, or did u just go to dealer?

Back