• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Steaming issue

Didn't have any steam coming off, but I was not riding in as cold a weather or deep of snow.

It does give off a lot of heat though. My buddy figured out that the little grate right in front of the handlebars has a lot of heat coming out of it and was using it to warm his hands every time we stopped. Great place to leave your helmet too.

cannondale27 said:
Its probably because the exhaust shield is not sealed especially right by chaincase. Lots of steam can come through there. I will probably get something like Silicon sheet material and seal that off.

;)!

sxr70001 said:
Didn't have any steam coming off, but I was not riding in as cold a weather or deep of snow.

It does give off a lot of heat though. My buddy figured out that the little grate right in front of the handlebars has a lot of heat coming out of it and was using it to warm his hands every time we stopped. Great place to leave your helmet too.

thats also where Cat puts its "heated google bag" accessory. There must be some warmth there!

the way they have designed the exhaust to run under the tunnel for cooling and not sealing/shielding it off from the engine compartment is going to cause huge problems when running higher speeds and in powder when its nail biter cold. Like i did on a river run last Saturday. I have some pics but i am not sure how to post them here. will always cause the steam to rise through the entire hood/vents/goggle warmer and coat the sled and yourself/visors/goggles with a frost layer. not impressed with this. is there or will there be a fix?

here is the pic i was talking about, steam will always come up all day long with this system

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    102.3 KB · Views: 124
After years of riding crap that loaded the tunnel full of block ice I will take the little amount of steam coming up through the radiator opening. Remember you now have a front mounted radiator, a front discharge exhaust so all the heat is loaded where the snow goes. Mine only steams when I stop SO DON'T Stop

As far as temps don't look at the bar graph read the actual temp #'s that's what it is there for

Yamadog, i was riding with three others and none had this problem. they all felt this is strange and were not impressed. yes they were riding diff sleds, but i didnt pay what I did to have sled steam like that through all vents of the hood. next time it happens i will be posting pics.

I'm thinking you are the only one that is having this problem so far , maybe the heat shield is bent or not mounted right !

09nytro said:
I'm thinking you are the only one that is having this problem so far , maybe the heat shield is bent or not mounted right !

I'm thinking he's the only one running through super sloppy wet stuff at -18.4F

Back