• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stock skis?

blue05rx1

Veteran
Hey guys, I'm picking my sled up next week from the dealer after getitng some accessories installed, so I can now get my Simmons skis on. The dealer says they really don't have a need for my stock skis to buy back from me. So, my question is this: What do I do with the stock skis and carbides? Sell them on e-bay, or just hang on to them...? They're untouched being that they are off an 05' Rx-1. Thanks.

-Jim :rocks:
:yam:

I put my C&As on at the dealer last year when I got my new sled. Still have the stock skis in the box they came in. I plan on either putting them on the sled when it's time for a new one and keeping the C&As. Plus I figure it's always good to have an extra set just in case something happens.

05 Ski's

On a recent post somewhere, someone was looking to buy a set of 05 ski's. I will look for it and send a link if I find it.

Perry

Just keep em until you sell the sled.. and put em back on and keep the aftermarket skis for your next sled whenever that may be!

Don't give them away, keep them in case you don't like the Simmons for some reason or to put back on the sled should you sell it.

I put my stockers on early and late in the season when there is min snow
Ger

You may need your stock skis in the spring when you have a melting slushy base. Last ride I would go straight thru th ecurves, the other guys with stock skis could turn, but I couldnt with the simmons. dont get me wrong, simmons are the best, but in that condition, stock was the better choice. They floated on top of the slush, right thru the corners, where the stock skis carved down to the harder sno. I dumped it 2 times that day.

Back