• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Strip it down?

number1kyster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 SW RTX SE
I have a 2018 RTX SE I am going to sell in the fall. I have added a slew of accessories over the years like a mountain seat, Fox Zero RC2 shocks, and more.

Is it typically best to strip all these parts off and return it to stock, or sell it as is and wait for a perspective buyer that appreciates the add ons?

I don’t think these parts make the sled worth more, but they may make it easier to sell?

For me it would depend on if the parts fit my new sled. Otherwise I would just leave it on not expecting anymore $.

Depends how frugal you are. I have sold many bikes and sleds over the years, for me the additional accessories make it easier to sell more than raise value. I really can't stand dealing with buyers, so I tend to sell stuff lock, stock and barrel as they say.

Two things...
1) if you can use them on your new sled take them off.
2) do you have a selling price goal? Maybe they will help you reach that goal.

I never strip anything down but I've had many regrets for the things I've left on, when selling. Crazy MFer's want everything but don't want to pay. Lol

I have a 2018 RTX SE I am going to sell in the fall. I have added a slew of accessories over the years like a mountain seat, Fox Zero RC2 shocks, and more.

Is it typically best to strip all these parts off and return it to stock, or sell it as is and wait for a perspective buyer that appreciates the add ons?

I don’t think these parts make the sled worth more, but they may make it easier to sell?
Strip it down!
I still kick myself for not pulling all of the expensive mods from my last sled before I sold it!

I have done it both ways.
I find if I cant get what I want with the add-ons then I will strip it down and reduce the price of the unit to move it. Then try to sell the accessories separately to get some of my money back

I've always thought that a 100% stock sled sells quicker! if I buy a used sled, I want a stock one that I can add on and abuse myself, because from my past experience someone screwed with it and screwed up or beat it up, so I'd rather start from scratch with a mint used one!

On the other hand, if I know of the person selling, and it's been well maintained and stored properly, well that's all together different!

So either way, it'll sell, but don't expect to recoup your add ons much!

I have been thinking about removing the performance parts off of mine and selling as a package. Still plan on keeping my sled though.
Would have to find a stock ecu for mine.

Can't you go back to hurricane/turbo Dynamics and request your factory tune back. Idk

I have the flasher and factory tune.
I would sell my ecu with the tune bundles in it as part of the performance package.

After today's news it may be time to just leave all the mods on it and keep it.

After today's news it may be time to just leave all the mods on it and keep it.
I was thinking of this thread today after the bad news and the same thought came across my mind.

Funny, I was thinking todays news was piss poor timing for trying to sell one of these sleds. We shall see what kind of interest there is come fall.

I don’t really want to take delivery of my new sled without selling this one first, but I’m not interested in giving it away either.

Back