• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stryke shim

HUS457

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper S-TX-DX - Traded
2023 Sidewinder LTX-GT
Hey all,

Has anyone changed the shims in the Stryke skis? Mine came with a 0 shim in the front & a .5 in the rear. Which, to my understanding, was to make the steering easier. Which to me seems redundant on eps. But when I removed the stock carbides at 1,250 klm to put Snow Trackers on, the rear carbide was shot. So to me that means too much pressure on the rear.

So I picked up the shim pack and intend to swap the rear shims for 0’s. Before I do that, has anyone else done this? What were your results if so?

Tx

I’m not sure about the stryke ski and shims but I do know the snow trackers work best when ski and trackers are level with the ground.

The shim pack comes with 2.5’s, 5’s & 7.5’s. So I’ll have to order the 0’s separate. Either that or put the 5’s in the front which should level the ski out.

For now I put 2.5’s in the rear and left the 0’s in front. Hope to try it out tomorrow.

I think the 2.5's are what it came with. I compared the 2.5's that came in my shim kit with the stock ones with no marking and I think they were the same. I would have to check though. Just put them next to each other and compare. Right now I have a 5.0 in the back and a stock one in the front, but I never got to try it out.

Ohh ok. I assumed the front ones with no markings were 0. I’ll check that tomorrow.

I was out the last 2 days on this set up. Spring conditions though so changing from ice in the am, to great, to soft & back to ice through the day. From what I can tell the 2.5’s made steering a little tougher but an insignificant amount. I’ll have to continue to asses next season.

Back