• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studded XTX what are you running for carbides on Tuners

herndonp

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Yamaha Nytro XTX
what's everyone running for carbides on studded tracks with tuner skis? I'm currently running 4 and 2 on mine. Was wondering what others are running. Was thinking about 6 and 2 or 4 and 4,but didn't want steering to get harder.

Thanks,

Pete

woody's said to run 6 inchs on each runner but I find it heavy to steer and am going to less on the outside.

tuners

donald macleod said:
woody's said to run 6 inchs on each runner but I find it heavy to steer and am going to less on the outside.

Fook me...double 6's would certainly turn...too much steering effort for me tho!

I have been running Woodys 4in inside and oem 2in outside.
Tolerable steering effort and good handling on my shorty studded 126 up the middle.
I would like a bit more carbide but not ooking for much if any more steering effort.

I am going to try Woodys 4in on both sides.
I'm thinking dual 4in will prolly have less effort than 6/2 and carve well??
Also the oem 2in are #*$&@.....tiny host bar and poor quality carbide

I would also avoid the square host bar carbides and use rd host bar carbides like Woodys...
All my previous experience with square host carbides is very heavy steering effort...especially initial turn in.

The way I see it the outer runner is basically there to cancel out darting more than initiate and hold the turn??

I'm studded with 96 up the middle on my shorty and am running 6"on the inside and 0 out on my tuners. Light steering effort, would like to try 4 and 2

Thanks for the answers guys. I been running the 4 and 2,but thinking of trying 4 and 4 as a lot of guys seem to be running them.

Pete

I have 171 studs, and am running the 6S and 2R on the ski's. Its pretty aggressive but I went to the longest hole on the limiter strap and it helped pretty good.

4 and 4 is likely the perfect combo

I'm studded 171 and using a 6s 4r with the limiter strap pulled up 1 hole. The steering is a little harder than I'd like but boy does this thing turn now!

Back