• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

studding an SE

nytrose

Pro
I ride very aggresive trail and hv always run studs on the outer belts. I find I can come into a corner a lot faster and turn more confidently and power out a lot better....at least on my old sleds. Anyway now that i'm the proud owner of an 09 SE I only want to do this once,I think some of u have convinced me to go double backers for more durability which i think is great...... but i also want to stud the outside.

Do you think it would be wise to run for example 1.375 center doubles and install 1.325 in the outside belts for cornering,the idea being less stress on the outside belts during hard straight line acceleration.

Interesting thought. Though you will have to run 192 if you go with double backers, IMO too many. There’s no need for that many. I would forget about the outside belt, have you ridden a Nytro yet? Even the Mono transfers so well that you really don’t get a ton of sliding in the corners. Unless of course you set it up to do so.

If your set on using doubles, then you may want to ride it first with either no studs or just the center belt done with the 144 double/single. Then if needed add the outer, which I don't think you'll require.

I went with this on my 08.. It works well corner to corner.

Attachments

• nytro-studs.jpg
    nytro-studs.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 53
  • ruleswoody.jpg
    ruleswoody.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 57
Run the woodys 144 single double pattern up the center if you find you want more after that its an easy upgrade to add the singles to the outer belt for a 192 pattern...

Back