• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding the stock Quiet track

I just used a 1/4" track drill but any 1/4" diameter tool is all you need. Turning down a 5/16" bolt will work just fine. Since the hole is already there (drilled in from the other side) I didn't want to remove any more material from the hole so use something smooth not a drill bit.

How did you make the Guide Piece for the end of the drill bit you made? I was thinking about turning down a 5/16" bolt on a lathe unless you have an easier way?
I don't remember for sure but I know I just used my grinder to make that center piece about the right size. It may very well have been a bolt to begin with.

Will the Studs protrude unevenly? Stud boy sold me the plastic prolite backers and 1.375 powerpoints.
Tap all the backer holes prior to installing. They will hold more torque before stripping. They'll hokd more than you think. When installing, apply super glue to stud and a drop in backer. Never come loose.
Been running same backers for 4 years now. Only have had to replace maybe 4 or 5 in over 6,000 miles. 192 Stud Boy Lake Racers. 1.62" on 1-1/4" Ripsaw II.

I have a tub of these pro-lite backers i would trade for a 12 pack of beer if anyone wants them

I have a tub of these pro-lite backers i would trade for a 12 pack of beer if anyone wants them
How many? New? What color?

I don't even get the "quiet track" It's no quieter then a normal track. Plus its a pain in the #*$&@ to get your stud layout and penetration correct.

How many? New? What color?
Enough to do a 2-4 pattern on a 129. 144? They are black. They have @400 New Hampshire and Vermont miles.
Not new condition

Attachments

• 7BAE4927-B67E-4E61-83EA-0012B26801DA.jpeg
    7BAE4927-B67E-4E61-83EA-0012B26801DA.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 94

Back