• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Stupid question, fuel

mach9

TY 4 Stroke Master
Fuel filter?
Did a search and no-one seems to mention, so I figure the nytro doesn't have one.
Sled is thirsty and many tanks of fuel over the years from stations all over.
Is all of it (dirt moisture etc.) getting forced right through the injectors?

Cool, I'll add this to my maintenance list.
I'm surprised not much talk about it.

I don't see an individual part number for it on my microfiche but I would Imagine they have to offer a replacement sock for it, cant see them expecting you to change the whole $485 fuel pump to get a new filter. Mine only had 500 miles on it when I installed the trail tank and still looked new so I havent considered changing it yet. If I come across a part number I'll post it if no one else chimes in by then

I wouldn't hold my breath that they have the sock filter, but sometimes Yamaha can suprise me. I asked about a fuel pump rebuild kit for a 2005 Rage and they told me I had to buy a new fuel pump. Thank god the pump was good and just airlocked, $230 for the pump. . I think it is stupid that they don't have a diaphram kit for the pumps.

Odd. I bet the sock is only good for 200-300 micron filter if not worse. I would have thought they would have a decent 40 micron (or less) filter somewhere..maybe Ill add one..

So what would Yamaha consider the life span of the sock?
Supose I could try to clean it.

Yamaha uses the same set up in their other product lines and there are no issues. I doubt you guys are putting the miles on that the bikers are. You guys are really stressing about something that is a non-issue. If you feel you must do something, you can remove the fuel pump from the tank and clean the filter media.

Back