• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

summer-izing my nytro...

When does the season starts in your area??
Here in Sweden the snow is falling right now, Ive got 4 feet of snow for the moment and expecting 0.5-1 ft moore for the weekend!
But ok, this season is making a mark in the historybooks-its at least 15 years since we had this mutch snow...

2lo4dsno said:
All the trails are now closed in my area....so its time to put the nytro to sleep.... is there anything i need to do to it for storage ? What a great winter !!

Man, it's almost a sin to be talking about putting her away. We've got 2 months left for sure.

As for summer storage, I do the following.

- Remove belt and lay flat
- Grease everything
- Fill with gas, add stabilizer, and run engine for a few minutes
- Clean thoroughly
- Elevate (track off the ground, no weight on front shocks)
- Cover

Some people fog their 4 strokes while others don't. It's pretty much your call.

Don't forget to let the winter air out of your track.

I like to unload the springs too. Set the torsion and center springs to their lowest levels. Same with the front, if you have coil-over shocks.

Sounds like what some people do with there sleds in my town,then wonder why they get the BURN-DOWN BLUES :o| (only seen it on 2-strokes).

backstop said:
Hey guys if one were to fog the Nytro how do you do it?
idk i really dont think you do I always just Squirt some oil down into the Cylinders and then DONT START it up or youll have to do it again. i have a hard tiem cuz by july ill be missing her and wanting to go fire her up haha

Man what a bummer, the thought of having to put your sled away already. We still have a solid 2 months of riding left. You may want to think about selling it instead of summer-izing it. LOL

Is everyone nuts. This is no 2 stroke. And even then. You don't winterize a corvette for the winter by taking the load off the suspension, pitting oil in the cylinders, taking off all the belts abd laying them on their sides. It is a snowmobile. All I have ever done is cover it up. Give it a wash in the nice hot sun in the middle of summer and cover it back up. Bring it in for a service a month b4 the snow flies and they will lube everything and check everything. .....

spider74man said:
Is everyone nuts. This is no 2 stroke. And even then. You don't winterize a corvette for the winter by taking the load off the suspension, pitting oil in the cylinders, taking off all the belts abd laying them on their sides. It is a snowmobile. All I have ever done is cover it up. Give it a wash in the nice hot sun in the middle of summer and cover it back up. Bring it in for a service a month b4 the snow flies and they will lube everything and check everything. .....

I'm with this guy, I really don't do anything special. Maybe add some Fuel Stabilizer to the gas and wash it. Then I will go over everything and grease it/chg oil if 4 stroke, when season comes back around.

Back