• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Summer Mods needed for the XTX

Daranello

Suspended
Ok as you can see I'm trying to learn as much as I can on the nytro before it arrives. like to start sourcing parts soon.

So whats needed to make it better than stock.

to give ya an idea this is what I did to my Attak:

- 13 Mil Sway bar
- 4th wheel kit
- marginal snow wheel kit
- Ice ripper (never again)
- Big Boy spring with revalve
- Air horn (warning slow skidoo's that I'm behind)
- digital temp gauge
- 5.7 Pilot skis
- skid plate
- hand gaurds
- ski scratchers
- rear heat exchanger

I have an xtx on the way and I saw someone else talking about a float plate from sled solutions. I think I am going to get that instead of the other one. I am trading in my rtx from this year and I am also talking off the a-arm skid plates. Have you looked at any of the luggage? I am trying to decide what to get in that departement too.

Hey Daranello sounds like you are making a few changes. I am new this year to Yamaha & am planning a few changes myself. I am really looking forward to this sled. Timothy did you make the show in Winnipeg? I made it down to check out the XTX & decided to make the jump. I picked up a white 09 XTX and have a few changes in mind for when it arrives. Maybe we will run into each other at Engolf next season! What color did you decide on?

1) Dual carbides ( Test rode one last year with these & there was no darting at all.
2) Spoked larger idlers
3) Decal kit from arcticgraphics
4) Hopefully a Trail tank
5) There are a couple of different trunk bags that look not bad
6) White ski tips ( at least my dealer is telling me I can get them )
7) The smaller skid plate
8) Tunnel renforcements
9) Handelbar bag
10) Riser block

Congrats on your new XTX. What is IMO? I liked the pilots on my 06 SDI although can these fit on the Nytro? If so where can you pick up a mod kit to do so?

Hey backstop, what color and style of graphics are you considering with the white xtx? I really can't tell what might look good or bad. I would consider the flames in a black, gray and chrome if they had it.

Dump that ripsaw and put on a Cobra track will probably be the best mod you can add.

Hey meyerchiro34,

I am getting the Razor package but the color scheme from the Team yamaha ( Black, White, Chrome ) Jordan from arcticfxgraphics sent me a picture of a package he did for a Cat that had this same color scheme & I liked it. Just contact Jordan he is very helpfull on whatever your thoughts might be. Congrats on you new XTX!!

Congrats on the sled backstop! You wont regret it. We will definately have to meet up at the lake this year. We should even get a ride going out your way too. Where did you end up buying it from? I made it down to the show. I love how the white xtx looks so that is the one I am getting. I had a buddy who was looking at getting the four stroke doo. He didnt end up getting it after he sat on it. I can believe how big they feel and look. When you say trail tank is that the after market bigger tank or that tank that attaches to the back of the sled?

Daranello; you said that you would never get an ice ripper again. What didnt you like about it?

Hey Tomothy, congrats on your XTX as well! The Trail tank is the after market 10 gallon tank. There was a topic on this site about it with pics although I do not like the fit n finish around the colored tank piece by the fuel cap. It looks like it doesn't allow for the black side panels to attach & cover up the flanges. You will have to look at the pics in the fuel tank topic to understand what I mean, it's hard to explain. I know my dealer is looking to buy a bulk amount of tanks & he will install it for me if I buy from him. He also mentioned that Yamaha sent an XTX to the company making the tank to hopefully get a better fit. Not sure if this is really true or not although all I can do is rely on my dealer at this point. There is enough time before the snow flies so I am hoping they work it out. I would really prefer this tank because 7.4 gallons is not enough fuel. I bought my sled from Gage in Ashern he gave me a solid deal with alot of throw ins so I was pretty happy with the deal. I looked at the 4 stroke Doo as well & it did feel huge & I didn't like it as much as I did the XTX! We will have to hook up whether around here, the lake or meet half way somewhere, we just have to hope for lots of snow! Where did you pick your XTX up? ;)!

I ended up getting mine from troy in Elie. He gave me a great deal on my trade too. I definately want to get that trail tank too. I never had a problem with the small tank but the peace of mind a bigger tank would give me is well worth the money. Have you ordered your tank yet? If you decides the tanks are good, let me know and maybe ill get one from him too. I would way rather have the bigger tank than carry a gas can on the long trips! How is the riding out by your place there? I will definately have to try it out there.

Back