• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supercharge a Nytro? Worth it?

RTX Meirda

TY 4 Stroke Master
Well, I bought a Nytro thinking I would hate it, and I am wrong.

I have the suspension set up so well that I am looking for more speed.

I have a buddy that is installing Turbo's, but it is a huge job.

Wondering if a supercharger is an easier install and if they work well on this sled?

I haven't seen much feedback.

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I looked for a while and gave up.

30 HP or so would be nice.

True

Not much time for racing these days, but I was out on smooth trails the other night and was to the handlebars looking for more.

I just don't like the feeling of wanting more. Would rather just have more available.

At the same time, for $8000 I would like with what I have.

For $3000, different story. After posting this, I see superchargers are almost the same money as turbos.

I guess I will have to settle.

I bought a stage ISC from HARTMAN INC. $4995. shipped to Canada only cost me the GST+shipping. Clutch kit, cold air intake, full Destructions etc... included. :jump:
After install myself, I am happy I did so. I always want more, now that I have 200Hp+ there is a grin on my face alll the time :Rockon:

If you search stage 1 install you will find my post. :pics:

I dont think I would SC a nytro only because of the mpg and small tank. I love my Sc apex but she loves fuel I get between 10-11 mpg but because of aftermarket fuel pump I can only suck about 8 gallons out of the tank and so at 80 miles I'm dry and need fuel bad. On a nytro you would be lucky to get 60 miles on a tank. If you in the mountains its probably ok but on a trail I need at least a 100 mile range.

The ulmer turbo with the cast manifold looks like the best option to me, bigger tank, better mpg when not in boost, and very reliable.

SC's rule but they have thier downside just like turbos rule but have thier downside and I think on a trail apex a SC is a better choice but on a nytro that ulmer kit with the cast manifold looks to be my #1

Nothin but happy with my SC. Yes the fuel milage is less but I still get aprox 80-90km a tank and I'm pretty hard on the throttle

IMO the throttle response on a lower boost turbo kits like ulmers is gonna be stellar, but you can cruise without boost or at much lower boost.. seems like a btter deal for fuel econ, thats the hard reality for super's if your runnin around at higher rpm all day. and for the ulmer system it is easily upgradeable a bit if you want more out of it later.

more means bigger smile. ;)! ..I run mine at 14 psi and when I ride the trails with my wife..still get way more than the 2-smokes.if you press light ly on your SC...but when on the WOT..you can change that sooooo fast..lol.. :jump:

MOUNTY said:
Nothin but happy with my SC. Yes the fuel milage is less but I still get aprox 80-90km a tank and I'm pretty hard on the throttle

On a stock or trail tank?

Think the guy to ask a comparison on turbo vs s/c on a sled like this is Skydog. The guy has had experience with both and has great input IMO

Back