• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

supercharger oil overheating

yamaha_junky626

Veteran
i had problems with my supercharger oil overheating on my attak in togwotee the supercharger oil tank would be real hot and the oil cooler wouldn't even be warm. i would put snow around the oil tank and it could go for a couple hours without a problem. i rerouted the oil cooler hoses so there definatly wasn't any kinks in them. still had problem. only was a problem when it was like 30 degrees out. i'm running 22 crank and 26 blower so i'm sure that generates more heat but still something don't seem right.

Not enough venting in nose cone ???
Packed snow blocking cooling air to reservoir/radiator ???
Underhood intake sucking in HOT air ???
Overspeeding the compressor (150,000 max compressor speed) ???

26/22 pulleys ... Page 8 ... MPI Instructions
Peak HP is achieved at 9800 RPM. DO NOT operate the blower over 10,000 RPM for long periods of time (5–10 seconds max)

supercharger oil

i actually posted my pulleys backwards 26 on crank 22on charger. i did notice that quote you posted from the instructions, but proline said i should run 10800 for max hp

have you drilled the holes in the nose cone? but you are right the tank is hot and the cooler is hardly warm on mine also, this doesn't seem right ??

supercharger oil

ya i do have the holes in the front, one of the days that i had the problem it was icing up in the holes, cleaned them out and i would be fine. but another day i didn't have ice in them and i still had the problem. almost seemed to be more of a problem when i wasn't riding it hard.

When first installed the SC on my Apex I was getting overtemp lights every ride.

Went to 26(crank) 24(super) pulleys (11,000 engine rpm / 150,000 super rpm)
Increased venting front/rear/underside of engine bay
Cold Air Intake
Intercoler Fan
Bypass Valves

Haven't seen the overtemp light since ... and this is the best it's ever run.

Search my posts here on TY4 ... everything that I experienced with my SCApex is here.

NOTE:
10,800 engine x 1.182 pulleys x 12.7 internal super = 162,123 RPM
Well over the manufactures (ROTREX) 150,000 maximum rpm for the C15-60

Back