• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

supercharger on an trail sled???

Kinger, you are probably pushing the 100 mile mark (LOL LOL LOL), but I'd love to ride with ya, s/c or not! I get sick of riding with Doo's!!!! I'm in Iowa City, give me a pm, I'll get you my #. We have pretty good snow here now, with more within riding distance to the south.
I am pretty sure I am going to do the s/c, just a matter of when and $$$$$$$. I may do some motor mods as well, so I can maybe run a little less boost. I'm anticipating that with a mildly modded motor (ported and cams) I can get away with less boost, and hopefully not be finicky, or have high octane demands. Any body have any response to this? i'm pretty sure I'd be perfectly happy with 200 - 215 horse.
Nate

nate007 said:
Kinger, you are probably pushing the 100 mile mark (LOL LOL LOL), but I'd love to ride with ya, s/c or not! I get sick of riding with Doo's!!!! I'm in Iowa City, give me a pm, I'll get you my #. We have pretty good snow here now, with more within riding distance to the south.
I am pretty sure I am going to do the s/c, just a matter of when and $$$$$$$. I may do some motor mods as well, so I can maybe run a little less boost. I'm anticipating that with a mildly modded motor (ported and cams) I can get away with less boost, and hopefully not be finicky, or have high octane demands. Any body have any response to this? i'm pretty sure I'd be perfectly happy with 200 - 215 horse.
Nate

Hey Nate my aunt lives in Williamsburg and my cousin lives in Demoins how much snow would they have.

We just got about 3" of blowing snow yesterday, adn I would guess that we have about 8" on the ground now. There were tons of sleds out last night, adn we're supposed to get some more on Saturday. Williamsburg is within riding distance of me, and about 15 minutes by car. They are about 3 towns West of me on I-80. Des Moines is about 150 miles West of me, and I don't know what they have but the last time I drove that way (about a week) they had better snow that we did.
All in all, it's rideable, but with th ehuge bursts of sled traffic, the main trails usually only last a few days before there's bare grass. It's supposed to be 37f here this time next week, so I think we might be in for the end of it!!!
Nate

It'll just be time to start wrenchin' and make it faster for next year. I just reasoned with my wife for the s/c saying that since I only get a limited amount of time to ride, I have to cover as much ground as possible!

Read

I and going to be trying Nox without my stage 1 MPI SC, so if you are interested in purchasing from me let me know $4000. It is awsome and addicting.

Going with stage two on the next one.

Justgofast, I pm'd ya.

Ya know... this is killing me. I drag race the entire country... IHRA and NHRA.

all this talk of super chargers gets my mind rolling...way too fast.

Now I do have a nice drag car I could use for anyones advertisement if they just sent a system my way :)

actually am giving thoughts to selling/trading my Dodge daytona with alky injected small block on an all out drag sled for both ice and asphalt.

Then this should get you boosted up!! :jump:

Attachments

• Screw2.jpg
    Screw2.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Screw3.jpg
    Screw3.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 80
  • Screw1.jpg
    Screw1.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 81
A few of your pics work now, what is that kit? It looks more like a screw type charger?
Sweet.
Nate

Tell us about it, I'm all ears!!
How does it stack up to a typical centrifugal blower?
What power levels, durability, wear, etc......

Back