• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Supertrax Article: New Yamaha?!

Aaah, the good o'l "torque vs horsepower" ..

For example a Caterpillar D6 dozer has a 9 liter engine producing 185 hp.. put your R1 motor in that and how much dirt do you suppose you can push? my guess is it will have a tough time moving its own weight.. same hp.. completely different torque.

Would work just fine if you had a suiting gearbox, the engine itself could take the forces involved and the engine would last forever when running at 13 000 rpm most of the time :)

Has anyone even pondered the thought of the new FZ8 motor ?
Its a 750 thats replacing the R6 next year . Apparently a significant bump in hp . I read a little about it , i guess Yammi is dropping the R6 and replacing it with a naked version , some euro looking thing . Whole new engine i guess . I havent been able to find a reliable source that states to hp numbers but its supose to be lighter and more powerful then the R6 engine . 150 ponies in a 100lb lighter , better handling Apex "like " chassis would pretty much destroy anything else in my opinion .
Just my 2 cents !

They will not be replacing the R6, They may add the FZ8 to the lineup i would think, not for sure though. But Yamaha will always make an R6. Always.

It better be at least 165 hp from the factory or they may as well leave the sheets on it. I think the smartest move would be 170hp

Sure sounds like the nytro chassie with a mono skid to me,with a perked up 3 holer,but just maybe its got the 4 holes we have all come to love maybe!!!

TurboJamie said:
It better be at least 165 hp from the factory or they may as well leave the sheets on it. I think the smartest move would be 170hp
Ya thats what alot of us are hoping for,but goes aganist the grain at yamaha corp.

It's a Phaser with a 3 Holer. Got to take care of us old guys that still can afford to snowmobile and have the strenght to do it. 05 Vector ER.

Back