• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Suspension question

superfan75

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
RX Warrior
I have a 04 RX Warrior and I want to make it handle riding 2 up better. I was thinking of sending a shock I have from a 02 Viper and getting it revalved and getting a heavier spring for it. I talked to Pioneer about it and they said it would help, but they wouldn't guaranty how much. They said this would be the same as their heavy duty Warrior shock they sell. I was wondering the other night how a shock from a Venture would work. The price would be about the same to just buy a shock/ spring and slap it in there. If you think this would be the way to go would you recommend going with the Venture 700 which is a 136" like my Warrior or get one from a 4 stroke Venture which is closer in weight, but has a longer track. I need to do something because it really squats badly with my wife on the back with the Seat Jack. Thanx for any advice on this.

You did adjust the fra to hard when she was on right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah its on the hard setting and the spring is all the way hard too. It's great for myself, but way too soft with my wife on the back.

there used to be a big boy spring available for heavyer riders.

8FA-47489-00-00 is the part # I found for the k=3.5-6.0 spring witch I think is the big boy one.

Is that for the Warrior shock or the Viper shock ? Although I imagine if I can use my Viper shock like Pioneer said I could, I can probably use that spring on either shock. Thanx for looking that up for me I'm going to check it out.

that was for the war rear shock.

8DH-47489-00-00 SPRING (K=34-54N/NM) | UR
is the part # for the viper one.

Yeah thanx Maim, I did look on Partzilla last night and I noticed that the Viper shock and the Warrior shock have different part #'s for the springs. Which shock will have the stiffer spring do you think ? The Viper spring and the Warrior spring are rated different. The Viper spring is 34-54 NM and the Warrior is 3.5-6.0 like you said. Its hard to know with two different ratings how they compare. The rebuildable Viper shock might be the way to go, but I'm not sure.

well as you are planning on 2-up on the sled, I would just go with the highest rated spring you can get for the shock you are using. the strong one for the viper shock will most likely be the best bet. might get lucky and find one in the classifieds.

Yeah that might be my best bet to use the Viper shock. Then I can get it rebuilt and revalved and it will be like a new shock for a lot less than a new Warrior shock. Since my sled has 9000 miles on it the Warrior shock might be getting a little weak by now and maybe that's part of the reason its so soft. I'm surprised at how much those springs cost. I bought a new progressive rear spring for my V Star 1300 a couple years ago and it was only about eighty bucks. That is a much bigger spring than the pro action one to. If it really helps out though it'll be worth every penny. Maybe someday I can talk her into getting her own sled, but for now if I can make this one work better for us we'll be happy.

Back